Fertility Problems...

PvtDick

Does anyone have any experiences here with fathering a child using a surrogate mother? Is there a "going rate" for such services? What are the legal implications? Anyone know a lawyer familiar with the paperwork required?

(Please spare me the typical TV ha-ha-yuk-yuk responses; this is a serious question, so serious replies would be appreciated).

The people I know who have done it have used a friend as a surrogate mother.

One had a bad experience as the surrogate mother wanted to keep the baby. So the friendship was lost.

Another recently had a beautiful, healthy baby boy.

They used the womans sister.

This is very common, I believe in Thaland.

The going rate is about 10,000 baht for the doctor to put want to be parents on the birth cert.

I don't know if there are any services, sorry.

I think it is illegal, but that is what the 10,000 baht was for.

good luck.

Thanks. I'm not looking for something illegal, though. I would be the father, with a surrogate as mother, and this would be reflected on the birth certificate. But the birth mother would subsequently give up all guardianship rights after birth.

I know that "professional" surrogate mothers in the US make around $25,000 for carrying a child. I'm thinking that around 500,000 baht here (plus all medical bills paid for) would be more than reasonable compensation for nine months of extreme discomfort.

My wife was supposed to be carried and then given to her auntie because the auntie couldn't have any kids.

My wife's father changed his mind when she was born and there was a lot of trouble in the family. The auntie never talked to my wifes parents for a couple of years.

Eventually they got together and talked things through. The auntie takes special interest in my wife's life but there is always that sadness that remains.

I hope only the best for you but take care. :o

No.  My wife and I are having trouble conceiving together, and are considering a surrogate mother.  The surrogate and I would be the natural parents, while myself and my wife would be the legal guardians.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. But would it be artificially done or would you go the full hog and actually have sex together? Best of luck either way. Keep trying though. Sometimes it can take years for a couple to have kids. Even if they are healthy and have no medical problems. Good fun practising though!