Need Urgent Help. Friends Laid Off Illegaly?

My friends have been working on a restaurant in Bangkok for a few months. The company also gave them apartment room to live in just near the restaurant.

However last week, the owner of the restaurand suddenly laid off my friends without any reason. The owner also told the apartment office to move my friends out away from the apartment. Since the owner have not given my friends any money for the work they have done so far, my friends now not only do not have any money but do not have any place to live in.

Is this legal? By the way, the restaurant owner is a farang and my friends are all Thai (I am not Thai). I do not know if my friends have made any employment contracts with the owner (my guess is that they didn't).

Since I know nothing about Thai labor regulations, could someone provide a hint so that I can help my friends out?

Thank you very much in advance..

My friends have been working on a restaurant in Bangkok for a few months. The company also gave them apartment room to live in  just near the restaurant.

However last week, the owner of the restaurand suddenly laid off my friends without any reason. The owner also told the apartment office to move my friends out away from the apartment.  Since the owner  have not given my friends any money for the work they have done so far, my friends now not only do not have any money but do not have any place to live in.

Is this legal? By the way, the restaurant owner is a farang and my friends are all Thai (I am not Thai). I do not know if my friends have made any employment contracts with the owner (my guess is that they didn't). 

Since I know nothing about Thai labor regulations, could someone provide a hint so that I can help my friends out?

Thank you very much in advance..

No contract ? Best to forget about it & remember to get a contract next time.

If someone works more than 3 months and are booted without cause, they must be paid compensation of at least one month's salary, if I remember correctly.

If the story is true, and they're being screwed by a farang boss, I'd say put pressure on the farang by at least filing a police report, if they can. There's always the Thai Labour court, too, which in my personal experiences, has shown complete fairness to the employee... Their experience may differ, of course.

But, if you're going to take some action or give advice, then I think you should at least talk personaly with the farang boss and get his side, to be fair... It could very easily be a situation where your friends are bullshitting you- don't take it personaly, for even friends can BS friends... TiT :o