Looking To Rent A Motorbike And A Sidecart For 6 Months

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a motorbike and a side cart to rent for about 6 months. I am in Kanchanaburi and can pick it up. If you have one or know of one please let me know and give me a price. I need this within 2 weeks.

Thank you

LOL

The one in the picture looks like fun, but I need a simple Motorbike like everyone drives, in good working condition and the sidecart is for our bags as we want to travel a little with it!!!!

I do not think you will be able to rent one. The best thing to do is to buy a Honda Dream (You could use another bike but they seem to work best because of their low rev torque.) I just bought a new one for 42000 baht. In a couple of months it would sell easily for 30000 baht. 6000 baht will get a sidecar built although I paid 8000 for mine as it has lights and an aluminium ramp for my wheelchair and is a little larger than most. An alternative is to buy a motorbike and have a small trailer built for it about the same cost but probably a bit more flexible if you just want to carry bags,

LOL

The one in the picture looks like fun, but I need a simple Motorbike like everyone drives, in good working condition and the sidecart is for our bags as we want to travel a little with it!!!!

I do not think you will be able to rent one. The best thing to do is to buy a Honda Dream (You could use another bike but they seem to work best because of their low rev torque.) I just bought a new one for 42000 baht. In a couple of months it would sell easily for 30000 baht. 6000 baht will get a sidecar built although I paid 8000 for mine as it has lights and an aluminium ramp for my wheelchair and is a little larger than most. An alternative is to buy a motorbike and have a small trailer built for it about the same cost but probably a bit more flexible if you just want to carry bags,

Well the problem is, is that I really cannot afford to buy one, I am limited on money as I am going to be starting school in Chiang Mai in June. So you don't think I can rent a sidecar? I was wondering the same thing. 8000 B is pretty cheap though and maybe I could afford that, but I would defiantly need to rent the bike. I am not sure what you mean by flexible? Would a side car be a bad idea for the bags (I think we have about 90 kilos in bags)

[

Well the problem is, is that I really cannot afford to buy one, I am limited on money as I am going to be starting school in Chiang Mai in June. So you don't think I can rent a sidecar? I was wondering the same thing. 8000 B is pretty cheap though and maybe I could afford that, but I would defiantly need to rent the bike. I am not sure what you mean by flexible? Would a side car be a bad idea for the bags (I think we have about 90 kilos in bags)

I know that the one I have is having a hard time with me just over 100kg and a 120kg chair. If you are talking about 2 people and 90kg of luggage I think you would be struggling to travel effectively.

I would not call the one I have real fun to ride though.

[

I know that the one I have is having a hard time with me just over 100kg and a 120kg chair. If you are talking about 2 people and 90kg of luggage I think you would be struggling to travel effectively.

Well hmmm....maybe this is not such a good idea. My bf and I were planning on driving from K'buri to C'Mai, thought it would be a nice scenic route. However I am 45 k and he is about 80 k. I messed up on the weight of the bags. I said 90 kilos and no no no that is not right I think it could be around 80-90 lbs. sorry lol. So what would you think with that kind of weight?

PS thank you for this help!

[

Well hmmm....maybe this is not such a good idea. My bf and I were planning on driving from K'buri to C'Mai, thought it would be a nice scenic route. However I am 45 k and he is about 80 k. I messed up on the weight of the bags. I said 90 kilos and no no no that is not right I think it could be around 80-90 lbs. sorry lol. So what would you think with that kind of weight?

PS thank you for this help!

You are correct I would think its really not a good idea, doubt you can hire one ! as they are illegal on Thai roads, I know, I know you see them everywhere, but insurance and an accident could be a BIG problem :)

I live (when not working elsewhere in Thailand) in Chiang Mai, and drive a motorcycle from BKK to CM on a regular basis, but it's a big bike. I would never attempt riding a small bike (Honda Dream), even in my wildest dreams. I'm sure there will be someone here that will say that they do it all the time, and no big deal. But the reality of it is, your putting you lives in harms way, big time. Take a bus and then buy a bike after you get to CM. Chiang Mai is a great place to live, enjoy your stay there....