Wireless Burglar Alarms

eddiemonster

May I humbly suggest that instead of, or even in addition to, an alarm system, wireless or other, you secure the property against intruders. In actuality, all an alarm system does is tell you that someone is in your home. If you are there, you need to have prepared the means to protect yourself and your family. If you're not there, what exactly is the purpose? The bad guys will be gone before you, a neighbor or the police can get there. As Sun Tzu wrote in the Art of War, "Against those skilled in defense, the enemy does not know where to attack."

May I humbly suggest that instead of, or even in addition to, an alarm system, wireless or other, you secure the property against intruders. In actuality, all an alarm system does is tell you that someone is in your home. If you are there, you need to have prepared the means to protect yourself and your family. If you're not there, what exactly is the purpose? The bad guys will be gone before you, a neighbor or the police can get there. As Sun Tzu wrote in the Art of War, "Against those skilled in defense, the enemy does not know where to attack."

For a lot of people that rent here, securing is not an option.

For a lot of people that rent here, securing is not an option.

If rent, a wireless system with build in mobile phone/internett connection is great. Can be moved to another house in hours. Doesnt even depend on phoneline (which an advanced burglar cuts off anyway), or 220 volt (backupbattery).

I agree, an alarm should not be relied upon as the only line of defence but I like to think Sun Tzu would apreciate the benefits of a wireless alarm system that could call mobile phones and actually alert you when someone was in your house. :)