Aquarium

thithi

I will be moving to the new place and I want a small aquarium decorated in the room. So does anyone know if there is any shop that sells nice aquariums and some small colorful fish in Ramkamhaeng area? I just do not want to go to JJ market because it is too hot for me to go all the way and walk in such strong sun. :):D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ramkamhaeng mall has some aquarium stuff. Not in the main building but I think that it is across the road, over the footbridge that goes over the road (I think). It is at ground floor level and sort of outside.

Sorry I can't give better directions but it is in that area, ask about and somebody will know

Ramkamhaeng mall has some aquarium stuff. Not in the main building but I think that it is across the road, over the footbridge that goes over the road (I think). It is at ground floor level and sort of outside.

Sorry I can't give better directions but it is in that area, ask about and somebody will know

Hi, not sure if its still there, but there used to be a great tropical fish shop in the basement of the shopping mall, opposite from The Mall on Lat Phrao...hope this helps, Jack

I will be moving to the new place and I want a small aquarium decorated in the room. So does anyone know if there is any shop that sells nice aquariums and some small colorful fish in Ramkamhaeng area? I just do not want to go to JJ market because it is too hot for me to go all the way and walk in such strong sun. :):D

Going to Uni out there Thithi?

FYI, traffic around that area is some of the worst in Bkk - may cut into your social life.

yeh jamie but i have no choice. I do not mind living there because i can study things I like. It is better than living in the comfy area and study in stupid uni.

I do not mind the traffic... I don't drive :)

well, been surfing for the fish shop. i reckon I will have to go to the JJ market :D

Edited by thithi

yeh jamie but i have no choice. I do not mind living there because i can study things I like. It is better than living in the comfy area and study in stupid uni.

well, been surfing for the fish shop. i reckon I will have to go to the JJ market :D

Knowing your social schedule, wouldn't you be better off just getting one of those Aquarium DVD's you turn on your big screen LCD, no need to feed the fishes - just keep the TV plugged in.

Just find someone strong to help you carry. And good luck with your new home.

jamie - i do not want that stupid screen saver... i want the real fish haha at least i will have something to do when i'm bored at home. However I do not want the weak fish like Goldfish. it has got too many problem as i saw the friends pet them before.

robblock - thanks. errr... i fink i yam strong enough to carry those small fish and their small aquarium hah...

FYI, traffic around that area is some of the worst in Bkk - may cut into your social life.

you can take the saen saep canal boat to get to central bangkok from ramkhamhaeng... easy peasy... doesn't run at night though.

there is quite a good aquarium and fish shop in the main ramkamhaeng mall building as well - it´s well hidden by the stairs in the parking area - don´t remember whick floor. but takte the stiars in the middel of the parking lot and just look which floor.

in soi ram 164 there is a shop called "perfect fish" as well, but the selection is not sooo big than in the mall.

Why not try JJ2 at Min Buri, seeing as you dont drive, the number 27 bus from Ram will take you to the market.

you can take the saen saep canal boat to get to central bangkok from ramkhamhaeng... easy peasy... doesn't run at night though.

good tip Girlyx, too bad Ms.Thaithai is never up during the times of the day it operates. :)

yeh JJ2 sounds good to me. I was about to go to the JJ today but i'm scared that some of the fish will die when i move out.

Jamie-daylight hurts my eyes a lot :)

girlx - i dnt like the boat... hate big waves of the black water.

jamie - i do not want that stupid screen saver... i want the real fish haha at least i will have something to do when i'm bored at home. However I do not want the weak fish like Goldfish. it has got too many problem as i saw the friends pet them before.

robblock - thanks. errr... i fink i yam strong enough to carry those small fish and their small aquarium hah...

For me an aquarium is something big i would want one of at least 100 cm or 150cm wide. I forgot that you could buy a real small one too.

You said you were scared of the sunlight... hmmm do you have pointy teeth too ? And a dislike of garlic ?

I hesitated over suggesting the aquarium centre in the basement of Emporium because of a ) price and b ) it's almost as far as JJ.

However, it also occurred that getting (free) delivery might be easier from them than from some market stall which might make up for the price aspect at least.

Also cheap and cheerful little tanks have been sighted on Saturday in Carrefour at On Nut (and likely your closest branch too) - starting at 150 baht, maybe 1 or 2 litre capacity IIRC.

thanks phaeton.

will go there after i move cos I reckon they just deliver only expensive fish and big aquarium.

robbloke - I like garlic. I dnt have that long teeth but I like biting :)

thanks phaeton.

will go there after i move cos I reckon they just deliver only expensive fish and big aquarium.

robbloke - I like garlic. I dnt have that long teeth but I like biting :)

not a vampire then.. but i wonder what you like to bite in.

Strange thread. A Thai asking expats about where to find stuff in Bangkok? There's tons of different kinds of shops in sois all over Rhamkhamhaeng, I'm sure you could find something if you ask some of the Thai people living in the area. I seem to recall there being some sort of aquarium shop with a lot of aquariums and fish on Sukhumvit 71, somewhere near Jusco. Would take a little searching, but certainly closer than JJ market.

Edited by Jimjim

that is not strange for me, thai, to ask expats who already explored bangkok. I just moved to bangkok from my hometown up north. I do know some area but ramkhamhaeng.

however, it would be strange if i went out and asked the ramdom thai people out there. Bangkok people do not really bother helping other people. they will just say "don't know, don't care."

hmmm....i like biting but what to do with thai girl's reputation??

Bad reputation for biting or cutting...... you can fill in the rest i don't want to think about it even thinking about it hurts.

Anyway i hope you get a nice aquarium. I knew i should have gotten one instead of dogs.

Jamie ... I did hear about the news. that robblok is so pervyyyyyyy. i just said i love biting something that bite-able but he thinks i love biting men's thing then i just pretended to mai kao jai what he talked about.

booooo

Edited by thithi