Minerva Cbr150r

Today I got some information that a Thai company wants to start selling the Minerva CBR150R, and yes you get it correct, the Minerva CBR150R is a identical copy of the Honda CBR150R, even so much a copy that all parts are exchangeable, from the smallest bolt to the piston or the cylinder or brake shoe's.

The advantage, the Minerva is much softer on the wallet... if I was correctly informed the price could be more in the same level as a top Honda Wave model. The distributor also sales, a conversion set, which makes it "almost" impossible to see the difference between a real Honda CBR150R and the Minerva CBR150R.

Performance is identical insures the, soon to be distributor, it is a identical "replica" ....

post-12170-1243184378_thumb.jpg

I saw the same-same bike on another forum; how long until the Honda police come knocking...

**edit**

Oh, and what caught my eyes was the upside down fork, the reflector on that area, the side stalks, those big ass mirrors, and for some reason the rear pillion support. Also it appears there's some added plastic in the tank area. Are the front wheels smaller?

Edited by dave_boo

Minerva???

The Roman goddess of wisdom???

or

Minerva Industries Inc.

Private Company, Headquarters Location

255 S Grand Ave., Ste. 2004, Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States

(213)626-3370, (213)626-3421 fax, http://www.gigatec.com

Primary SIC: Communications Equipment, Primary NAICS: Other Communication Equipment Manufacturing

Description: Communications Equipment

Weird...

So, it's not identical, not a Honda, ripe for a lawsuit, and as cheap as chips - but 100% same-same? :)

As much as some like to predict the demise of Honda in Thailand I can't for a minute imagine that such blatant trademark and patent infringement would go unchallenged. And the CBR 150R is already a very good value, cheap price high quality bike. Who would want a cheaper low quality Chinese knockoff? You get what you pay for I guess... :D

Like its name it will be a (cheap ) chinese copy ,Honda have probably done a secret deal selling the parts bins to them,Honda themselves cant possibly sell 2 versions of the same bike ( and one considerably cheaper ) .seems even Honda are becoming whores in the recession, :)

This actually makes me wonder if honda have these parts/this bike made in china,and the chinese are marketing their own goods under a different name, i dont doubt the parts are assembled with a better qc than the chinese one but., i expect the cost to make a bike like this is approx $500 ,.nothing surprises me anymore,.seems even the germans have got to hear that bmw are made in china ! ,........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAhlxl4hmM

Edited by imaneggspurt

He Imaneggspurt,

It is possible that you this time not far from the truth, there are also rumors that APHonda is licensing a Chinese company to keep selling the CBR150R model in Thailand after they take it out of production. This way they still get royalties for every bike sold and they keep the in-line with Honda company policies.

I have no idea if the Minerva CBR150R is related to the rumor or if the rumor is based on any truth... (otherwise it where no rumors)

What do Honda want to keep selling the CBR150 for in Thailand if it doesnt sell so many? and why would Honda want a cheap copy to be sold as a replacemrnt. Maybe they have sold the Chinese the parts bin, but in this case not a 35 year old one. HE HE HE HE HE

Well, just remember that this is ALL just rumor.

The end of the Honda CBR 150R is still only rumor.

The sale of the Minerva knockoff in Thailand is also only rumor.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I don't expect to see it any time soon.

Happy Trails!

Tony

What do Honda want to keep selling the CBR150 for in Thailand if it doesnt sell so many? and why would Honda want a cheap copy to be sold as a replacemrnt. Maybe they have sold the Chinese the parts bin, but in this case not a 35 year old one. HE HE HE HE HE

What are you talking about Honda not selling many CBRs? For the market they're doing quite well, compare the numbers you see on the road versus those from other manufacturers in that size class (regardless of the country of origin).

Dave. Can you tell me ANY other bike in the same class. Because i really cannot think of one. Its in a class of its own here in Thailand. Allan

oh yes The tiger 150 bulldog........ oh no, its only just started being sold here.

Dave. Can you tell me ANY other bike in the same class. Because i really cannot think of one. Its in a class of its own here in Thailand. Allan

oh yes The tiger 150 bulldog........ oh no, its only just started being sold here.

Than it shouldn't be too hard to be the best seller, right? :)

I was including all non-underbone bikes at the displacement of 250cc or below. And if you wish to further limit it down, all in a similar price bracket.

Dave. Thats all i was getting at. it is a class by itself BECAUSE it is not an underbone. And what other NON-underbone bike of 150 cc is there. if you include 200cc then i suppose the tiger200 will beat it in sales (due to the police contract. so not fair :) )

Dave. Thats all i was getting at. it is a class by itself BECAUSE it is not an underbone. And what other NON-underbone bike of 150 cc is there. if you include 200cc then i suppose the tiger200 will beat it in sales (due to the police contract. so not fair :) )

Ok, we disagree, but I challenge you to just spend a week driving around and see if you can spot more cbr's or boxers (of either ilk) or Ninjas or that other kawi 250....

Of course the CbR150 is in a class of its own. Unless you include the NSR150 and its ilk. And probably there are more NSR150 on the road. Even that bike, which was Hondas flagship in Thailand they dumped into Australia when they finished with it, so you can bet the CBR will go when they perceive the time to be right, which will be when they have a replacement bike.

Well, just remember that this is ALL just rumor.

The end of the Honda CBR 150R is still only rumor.

The sale of the Minerva knockoff in Thailand is also only rumor.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I don't expect to see it any time soon.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Agree with you, and all we do is evaluating a picture...that can't be right.

Still wouldn't mind to test drive this bike and see how it goes.

mbox

Dave. I'm not disagreeing with you. I am just saying that the Cbr has no direct competion in its class (i forgot about the NSR but then thats 2t not 4t). Yes it is a good bike and yes you see lots of them, not suprising when it's been in production for over 7 years compared to the other bikes.

Are you interested in selling your Ninja if so How much do you want for it. Pm me

Edited by thaicbr

He Tony,

I belief it is safe to say that this motorcycle is not made in the USA, nor is it related to the USA company you suggest. So far as I know is the Minerva motorcycle made in China.

I thought that they were Indonesian, check out their website http://www.minerva.co.id/v2/index.php/

Their 250 looks bloody gorgeous! http://www.minerva.co.id/v2/index.php/products/detail/5

Looks good but the spec's are crap. BUT the price in Indonesia is under 100,000 baht ummmm interesting. and its the Indo Sachs manufacturer. Allan

Edited by thaicbr

I read alot of the regular members posts, and find it is very helpful and informative. One topic that still leaves me scratching my head is the cbr150 :) I keep reading these glowing reports on the bike, then I go test ride one and see no comparison to any other sportbike(ninja 250 incl). To me it is the same experience as a wave, spark or raider. I am not a close minded guy, I even forced myself to listen to country music for a couple of weeks to see why people loved it so much(didn,t work) so you know I do try. Seriously though, I would like to hear some peoples reasoning for loving the bike so much, is it just the niche is so lacking or am I just to used to bigger bikes that I can,t find virtue in what is really a good bike. I did own a ninja 250 and thought it was much better then the cbr other then the lack of power. :D

I read alot of the regular members posts, and find it is very helpful and informative. One topic that still leaves me scratching my head is the cbr150 :) I keep reading these glowing reports on the bike, then I go test ride one and see no comparison to any other sportbike(ninja 250 incl). To me it is the same experience as a wave, spark or raider. I am not a close minded guy, I even forced myself to listen to country music for a couple of weeks to see why people loved it so much(didn,t work) so you know I do try. Seriously though, I would like to hear some peoples reasoning for loving the bike so much, is it just the niche is so lacking or am I just to used to bigger bikes that I can,t find virtue in what is really a good bike. I did own a ninja 250 and thought it was much better then the cbr other then the lack of power. :D

Where did you test ride it? Pattaya where's it been beat on more than the hookers in the BDSM club?

**edit**

Perhaps you could explain why you thought the Ninja was better, other than the lack of power (which I'm not quite following; did the Ninja not have enough power more than the CBR?), and we shall attempt to explain based on your expectations.

And if you're in the mood, there's Peace up there in Chiang Mai who will be glad to ride his CBR with you while you're on an underbone so you can see the difference.

Edited by dave_boo

The CBR150 ain't no Ducati. It's the smallest bike I've owned in 4 countries. When I arrived here in 2003, it was either a new BMW or a CBR150. Five years later, nothing under 140K baht was half as good. It works great here and looks great. Trouble-free, easily worked on. Over 70 MPG, comfortable, agile.

Where did you test ride it? Pattaya where's it been beat on more than the hookers in the BDSM club?

**edit**

Perhaps you could explain why you thought the Ninja was better, other than the lack of power (which I'm not quite following; did the Ninja not have enough power more than the CBR?), and we shall attempt to explain based on your expectations.

And if you're in the mood, there's Peace up there in Chiang Mai who will be glad to ride his CBR with you while you're on an underbone so you can see the difference.

Relax, I'm not talking about no ones mother.. The ninja feels like a real bike, the cbr150 feels like a moped dressed up like a bike to me. Like I said, just looking for others reasoning behind their opinions on liking the cbr, not trying to challenge anyones brand loyalty and so forth, even though I know it is a touchy subject here sometimes. I rode 3 late model(less than 3 year old)bikes and to be honest, I felt the ksr's have more substance as a real motorcycle. :D

The CBR150 ain't no Ducati. It's the smallest bike I've owned in 4 countries. When I arrived here in 2003, it was either a new BMW or a CBR150. Five years later, nothing under 140K baht was half as good. It works great here and looks great. Trouble-free, easily worked on. Over 70 MPG, comfortable, agile.

Thanks PB, Don't you feel kind of prone with the combination of feeling the bike is tiny, but still in a crouch position? Is that something you get used to, or you just feel it or not? :)

Relax, I'm not talking about no ones mother.. The ninja feels like a real bike, the cbr150 feels like a moped dressed up like a bike to me. Like I said, just looking for others reasoning behind their opinions on liking the cbr, not trying to challenge anyones brand loyalty and so forth, even though I know it is a touchy subject here sometimes. I rode 3 late model(less than 3 year old)bikes and to be honest, I felt the ksr's have more substance as a real motorcycle. :)

I am relaxed. I haven't ran out of my happy pills yet......

I'm glad you enjoy your Ninja. I've touched on the relationship between the two bikes in the past, so I won't turn yet another thread into a pissing match.

The fact that you find a KSR, which is anything but a 'real' road bike as having more substance is quite revealing. Sure you probably got up to what, 80 (?), fairly quickly enough and then what happened? Were you paddling madly with your left hand just to keep up with the Honda Clicks much like a canoist who's lost his oar and trying to escape crocodile filled waters?

To me, it's an extremely reliable bike. No two ways about it. There has been no complaints in that department that I've read on this forum, and the Honda dealership network is par none. Secondly, it will travel at, for what is Thai roads, high speed. Sure you can get a bike that will do it faster, but where are you going to ride a big bike to its potential? Out in the sticks where you crest a hill or round a corner and there's a herd of cattle moseying along? I haven't ridden with anyone yet on a big bike that cruised at speeds the little CBR couldn't handle. Thirdly it will pretty much walk all over any other bike inside the city's dense traffic. Fourthly, there's the long saddle that allows you to customise your seating postion. There's two positions on the Ninja, nut-buster and sliding toward nut-buster. Fifthly there's the gas milage. 40 kilometers is what I regularly see per litre, although some only get 32. Finally there's the price......

Relax, I'm not talking about no ones mother.. The ninja feels like a real bike, the cbr150 feels like a moped dressed up like a bike to me. Like I said, just looking for others reasoning behind their opinions on liking the cbr, not trying to challenge anyones brand loyalty and so forth, even though I know it is a touchy subject here sometimes. I rode 3 late model(less than 3 year old)bikes and to be honest, I felt the ksr's have more substance as a real motorcycle. :)

I am relaxed. I haven't ran out of my happy pills yet......

I'm glad you enjoy your Ninja. I've touched on the relationship between the two bikes in the past, so I won't turn yet another thread into a pissing match.

The fact that you find a KSR, which is anything but a 'real' road bike as having more substance is quite revealing. Sure you probably got up to what, 80 (?), fairly quickly enough and then what happened? Were you paddling madly with your left hand just to keep up with the Honda Clicks much like a canoist who's lost his oar and trying to escape crocodile filled waters?

To me, it's an extremely reliable bike. No two ways about it. There has been no complaints in that department that I've read on this forum, and the Honda dealership network is par none. Secondly, it will travel at, for what is Thai roads, high speed. Sure you can get a bike that will do it faster, but where are you going to ride a big bike to its potential? Out in the sticks where you crest a hill or round a corner and there's a herd of cattle moseying along? I haven't ridden with anyone yet on a big bike that cruised at speeds the little CBR couldn't handle. Thirdly it will pretty much walk all over any other bike inside the city's dense traffic. Fourthly, there's the long saddle that allows you to customise your seating postion. There's two positions on the Ninja, nut-buster and sliding toward nut-buster. Fifthly there's the gas milage. 40 kilometers is what I regularly see per litre, although some only get 32. Finally there's the price......

Thanks Dave, have a happy pill on me :D Your right wrong thread, I just keep seeing so many threads about this bike, I had to ask.

Thanks PB, Don't you feel kind of prone with the combination of feeling the bike is tiny, but still in a crouch position? Is that something you get used to, or you just feel it or not? :)

If you are tall like me, 188 cm, you will NOT be in a crouch position if you have long arms. Very comfortable bike, but not like the Honda's of the late 1970's that were SO comfortable on the long haul. The bike fits me great with only slightly more wrist pressure than my coveted 1977 750F back in the states.