Is My Wife Rare,it Seems So.

waikhru

I have been reading so much negativity and generalizing about thai woman that I want some input.

when i met my wife she was working at her sisters shop at Big c.

I asked her out but was flatly rejected with a comment along the lines of farang only want Boom Boom.

After much hard work and time she folded and came on a date, during our many dates her sisters called every 15 minutes to check on her.

one thing i notice is she would not go somewhere if it was to expensive, she even refused to go to a cinema i chose and opted for a cheaper one as i was paying of coarse.

she would often try and pay half or a little when she could.

she had no interest in what i did for a living and never asked until i volunteered the info, i informed her that i have no home of my own, and do not have a car as i had financial problems in the past,she was not interested.

we now live together in my country, it took some convincing to get her here but she loves it now,no more then thailand however.

she never asks for anything,although i give to her otherwise she would just go without.

she seems to have no interest in material goods,she comes from a strict family and her brothers a monk,she is also very old fashioned.

she will not wear clothes that are revealing,will not even show her shoulders.

we were both married before, she married young to a thai and had 1 daughter, we both swore we would never marry again but did so to each other.

she says her only want in life is to have a man she loves and a good father to her daughter, nothing more.

i'm 33, she is 26 and we have not had a bad day in 2 years, is she the exception as there is a lot of comments on here about thai woman loving cash and being sly for instance.

i was not interested in thai women when i went to thailand to train in muay thai, she was not interested in anyone it seemed, did i just get lucky.

my experience with her is very different then others i have read here, i have seen the otherside however with woman chasing me like rats in thailand.

I have been reading so much negativity and generalizing about thai woman that I want some input.

I asked her out but was flatly rejected with a comment along the lines of farang only want Boom Boom.

After much hard work and time she folded and came on a date, during our many dates her sisters called every 15 minutes to check on her.

one thing i notice is she would not go somewhere if it was to expensive, she even refused to go to a cinema i chose and opted for a cheaper one as i was paying of coarse.

she had no interest in what i did for a living and never asked until i volunteered the info, i informed her that i have no home of my own, and do not have a car as i had financial problems in the past,she was not interested.

we now live together in my country, it took some convincing to get her here but she loves it now,no more then thailand however.

she never asks for anything,although i give to her otherwise she would just go without.

she seems to have no interest in material goods,she comes from a strict family and her brothers a monk,she is also very old fashioned.

we were both married before, she married young to a thai and had 1 daughter, we both swore we would never marry again but did so to each other.

she says her only want in life is to have a man she loves and a good father to her daughter, nothing more.

i'm 33, she is 26 and we have not had a bad day in 2 years, is she the exception as there is a lot of comments on here about thai woman loving cash and being sly for instance.

i was not interested in thai women when i went to thailand to train in muay thai, she was not interested in anyone it seemed, did i just get lucky.

my experience with her is very different then others i have read here, i have seen the otherside however with woman chasing me like rats in thailand.

:) good story for you and about Thailand.

Unfortunately this posting will quickly slip away as the Thai bashers will not be interested to see this happy posting.

Soon it will be "just you wait and see...blah blah blah"

Anyway... all the best as you sound like a great couple...

ps.

You met a normal Thai girl not a typical working girl which is why your relationship is a success as its built on feelings and not a cash transaction!

farang only want boom boom, sounds like a very accurate comment in my opinion johngotti,most do.

have you heard the shit that comes out of some white womans mouths, a kick in the nuts would be a bigger turn on.

to barry of thailand,we met in Bang phlee, i was training in fairtex, she is from nakhon phanom however.

sanook2me as for thai bashing i am used to that and i know its coming, but from many peoples experience i can understand it.

Good story. Glad to hear you are happy with your lady.

I know many a woman who would not dream of wearing revealing clothes or putting themselves about. Many are very beautiful and want nothing to do with us.

A lot of Thai women well outside of the major areas of b/g seem to think we are sex crazed maniacs. Yet when you get to know them well enough, they are not so shy about making love or showing true and loving emotions, or even talking about such subjects.

Many a Thai woman would deem it bad to reveal emotions to a stranger and especially a Farang stranger. Takes a lot of time and patience in many cases to get them to open up.

The more I talk to Thai women on a friendly basis, the more I discover many are not that interested solely in money or ripping off foreigners. It seems more and more that it is those who make a direct approach to us that seem to be the Vamps and the gold diggers.

Hope you stay happy.

i started a thread like this some weeks ago and believe it or not most of the very many replies were posative .believe me we are in the majority ,but its much more fun th have negative stories ,just read the newspapers ,always doom and gloom .

honestly gotta feel for the ones that have negative experiences, but some do bring it on themselves.

some know somethings not quite right with there woman but chose to ignore it due to fear of losing them.

Not rare at all I am afraid - plenty of lovely thai women out there. :)

you got that right brother. . I mostly keep the good news about fantastic conservative,educated,loyal Thai women to myself,especially my own jai dee soi why mak wife.

woah! shit mate I`ve seen this before, She ain`t rare at all she playing you like play-doh! you better becareful! soon everythings going to go down..she sounds like a professional! :)

I`m kidding!:D

She sounds like jaidee! good for you matey sounds like a happy future!

Andy.

woah! shit mate I`ve seen this before, She ain`t rare at all she playing you like play-doh! you better becareful! soon everythings going to go down..she sounds like a professional! :D

I`m kidding!:D

She sounds like jaidee! good for you matey sounds like a happy future!

Andy.

Is she rare.......well.....all I can say is that when she was with me she was "well done." :D

That's a joke.......... :D

Personally, I think women are devious manipulators placed on this earth to torture us......does not matter where they come from......same all over. :)

But, I can't live without them........and I am sure they have something similar to say about men. :D

Not rare at all. I know many many nice girls, alot of them have never even been to a nightclub or bar before.

I never recommend picking girls up at the bar, you might find a nice one there but the odds are far lower IMO.

By reading many posts on here, it does seem like a anti Thailand forum at times.

Not rare at all I am afraid - plenty of lovely thai women out there. :)

Yes I agree, there are plenty of lovely Thai women out there.

The trick is not to fall for the first one that tells you "Miss you mak mak long time" :D

One just needs to be patient and look around a little.

Well said brit :D

No, your wife does not sound rare. It sounds like you have a normal healthy relationship with someone that you respect and that respects you in return. Why this is a rarity in Thailand is mainly due to the unrealistic expectations so many Westerners have when coming to this country.

Edited by thailandlover

Well many Westerners who come here only have one thing on their mind and thats PUSSY!

Sad, ugly, lonlely, old men (in some cases) who don`t get any attention in there country come here knowing whats coming to them...

But when they first meet a bar girl that plays good game and makes them fall, they can`t resist in building a future with em.

This is where all the heart break and pain happens. Its good to go to the bars to have fun but its no place to find love and I think thats where all the negative stories come from....

Well many Westerners who come here only have one thing on their mind and thats PUSSY!

Sad, ugly, lonlely, old men (in some cases) who don`t get any attention in there country come here knowing whats coming to them...

But when they first meet a bar girl that plays good game and makes them fall, they can`t resist in building a future with em.

This is where all the heart break and pain happens. Its good to go to the bars to have fun but its no place to find love and I think thats where all the negative stories come from....

Thats the dam truth right there.

Apart from my wife was never married before this could be me that wrote your case,( together 9 years, one daughter of 7,).there are plenty of thai ladies like this, however from what we see on thai visa a lot of men are too lazy to seek them out or get collared at the bar it seems,.its a refreshing change to hear of another success story,however its not as uncommon as some would have us beleive, :)

:) good story for you and about Thailand.

Unfortunately this posting will quickly slip away as the Thai bashers will not be interested to see this happy posting.

Soon it will be "just you wait and see...blah blah blah"

Anyway... all the best as you sound like a great couple...

ps.

You met a normal Thai girl not a typical working girl which is why your relationship is a success as its built on feelings and not a cash transaction!

Several factors here to take into consideration.

She sounds OK and this we can equate with the majority of Thai girl, Farang guy relations.

The relationships that turn sour, these are the ones that more often get the bad publicity.

As sanook2me correctly points out:

The OP met a normal Thai girl not a typical working girl which is why his relationship is a success as its built on feelings and not a cash transaction!

There are no drastic age differences between and OP and his wife, he worked at the relationship for a while before getting married and she married the OP for what he is, not for what he has.

It’s nothing special, just as things should be for 2 people in love.

Seems like the perfect formula for a good marriage and wish them lasting happiness for the future.

Well I have to add to this positive thread...

Married for over 12 years now, live in the USA and have numerous properties in Thailand. We both found our Quan Tah. We make a very good team...Last month we were getting ready to return to the USA, and had a re-union party with some Thai ladies my wife had know and was friends with prior to our marriage...

1. One was still cooking at a restaurant, same Thai husband, and nothing had changed in the past 15 years.

2. One had turned her back on a Danish older gentleman who paid for her school, etc, and opted for a handsome Thai policeman. Divorced, 2 children living with her parents over by the Lao border. She is doing therapeutic messages. (Say she only know the dead fish position, so no sex).

3. One of the most beautiful friends (I remember her), in in jail for 5 years. Thai husband working in the palace, steeling things, and she was selling them.

4. Another beautiful one, married a Thai, then married a Danish man, he died, and left her about 1 million dollars. Her Thai husband found out she was married to the Dane, and moved a Mia Noi into their house. She hired 2 guys fresh from prison, and killed him. She is working construction, having spent everything including a 3 million baht bribe to the judge. She should get her sentence next month...

5. Another is an attractive woman that has been rich and poor, has cancer, and is just thankful she still has a job.

Everybody rates my wife (who was probably the least physically attractive,) and never wanted to have a boyfriend or get married as being the most successful of all the old Issan friends.

We met 15 years ago when my wife had a sewing company, and was having lunch in a little restaurant that I was trying to order my food and the waitress could not understand me. One of her employees at her table helped translate. We were social friends for several years, before I realized what a good heart she had.

Her mantra since I have know her is: You do good, you get good. You do bad, you get bad>

They don't learn do they..... Never Ever Ever introduce your wife on TV.

Agreed GuestHouse.

This forum can be very spiteful at times, and if a guy is actually telling the truth ( seldom ), he could be hurt emotionally by the negative remarks made on this forum ( often ).

Yup,

your Wife may be one of the rare ones.

She's obviously got a good head on her shoulders.

Sounds like she's a bit old fashioned (in a good way), knows her own mind and hasn't allowed herself to be influenced by others.