Chinese New Year

fourbaht

I've noticed over the past few years a crack down on any one playing with fire works on Thai festivals and holidays such as Loy Krathong, last year in Pattaya there must have been 200 patroling the beach in Pattaya and Jomtien trying to catch some one with fire works.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, however why is it that as Chinese new Year approaches there is no such crack down? every street corner has kids and adults playing with strings of fire crackers dawn till dusk!

Does this have something to do with the leader every one loves so much being from Chinese decent I wonder?

Not sure about the law on fire crackers but fire crackers are the traditional way of celebrating the Chinese New Year.

To the chinese, fire crackers that is lit on the New Year would bring them good luck for the whole year that is if they don't sweep the red paper after that. ( I think :o )

Anyway, i guess Honeyen could clear this one ( if she's not too busy packing up her red packets) :D

BTW- to those celebrating Chinese New Year here (i think only afew is), Happy Chinese New Year!

Explorer :D

yes, Kung Hai Fat Choi to all!

By the way, firecrackers are forbidden in Hong Kong. When I used to live there the only people who let them off at CNY were the gwailos (farangs).

The locals would look on in amazement as we let off a dozen strings.

Great place, but too many local engineers who can do better work than me for half the price.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

I am not saying this is a bad thing,  however why is it that as Chinese new Year approaches there is no such crack down? every street corner has kids and adults playing with strings of fire crackers dawn till dusk!

Does this have something to do with the leader every one loves so much being from Chinese decent I wonder?

I don't think it's the Chinese decent as much as the money. Every Chinese New Year loads of Korean, Japanese, and Chinese tourists come for the holiday week.

If they don't let them celebrate the way they do, they might as well kiss millions of dollars good-bye.