Web Hosting?

JSixpack

Hi, just need contacts for reliable, reasonable cost web hosts for small website. Should I go w/ the big guys like loxinfo? Cost? Tnx.

Is there any reason you need your site hosted in Thailand? Because the cost is going to be high and the rest of the world could suffer performance problems getting to the site through Thailands international link. Go the below link and you can learn from the experts and get quotes. A note on reliability: while just about everyone offers "guaranteed 99.9% uptime" in practice this just means IF you catch them when they don't meet it (which is a lot) they will refund you some money. If you want true reliability, ignore the guarantees and go for someone who posts their historical uptime for proven results.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com

What level of knowlage are you at? Do you want a unix host, or do you want to use front page?

I use a Unix host thats lightning quick with great uptime but if you're a novice there's not alot of neat little extras that some hosts use to make site building easier. There are others that have great site building tools but they cost a bit more.

Give us a bit more info about what you need and where your audience will be.

cv

In truth the only reason to have it in Thailand would be to make contact and payment a bit easier.

The site will be a private one for a limited group of about 250 condo owners to get news, download forms, and engage in discussion. I've done very basic websites before and am able to use tools on my machine and upload. Perhaps a Unix host would be suitable? Tell me more. Tnx for replies thus far.

> In truth the only reason to have it in Thailand would be to make contact

> and payment a bit easier.

Hmm.. I doubt it gets easier than an automatic credit card charge of $4 per month (= 160 baht). Hosting in Thailand is more expensive, and paying just about any other regular payment thing here has never struck me as particulary easy.. Of course, as your users are all in Thailand, it would make some sense to have the server in Thailand. But unless they mostly have broadband, they're not going to notice where it's hosted anyway.

I'm with www.totalchoicehosting.com and am very happy, not just with the up-time and cost, but also with what they offer. It all just works, configuration is easy and they have a very active support forum in case you need to help on something specific.. (Like configuring some kind of bulletin board or picture gallery software)

All of that just works: It has a mySQL database, PHP with all the options installed properly. If you want to run just about any portal system, blog software, picture gallery or discussion forum (like this one Thaivisa runs) it's all very straightforward.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi, just need contacts for reliable, reasonable cost web hosts for small website. Should I go w/ the big guys like loxinfo? Cost? Tnx.

hello,

i have a resellers package from www.lypha.com to host my 3 websites, ive got as lot of bandwidth and space to spare for small websites.

my package includes a very powerful cPanel ver 9.9.8 , email ftp, sql and has a host of free easy installable scripts.

i could make anual contact for hosting your site and accept payment in baht.

but the only problem is that i am not any webhosting company and cant make any formal contracts or tex receipt or any invoice...

if interested, pls tell pm me with your requirements and i can decide on a price.

this would help me manage my own website expenses thats all.

PS: to host on this package you would require your own domain name as i am not willing to share my domain names...

Hi

I have a hosting bussines, physically located in the US, (good badwidth and up time),but my co here in thailand.

can give you a good rate if you are still looking.

give me a call 07-1525064 sami

let me know what you are planning and I can give you a quote.

Sami

Hi aaaaaa,

Our servers run RedHat Linux 9.0, hardware is normally Intel Pentium IV Processor 2.4Ghz, 2GB DDR System Memory, Dual 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Disk (1 used for daily backups), our main network provider is Time Warner Telecom.

Hosting Features: Easy to use cPanel, Email Accounts, aliases & forwarding, Webmail, Awstats Statistics, Virus Scanner, SPAM filter, MySQL, PHP, CGI, SSI, Frontpage Extensions, 50 free Website Templates, 40 free scripts, (lot's of handy stuff, shopping carts, forums etc...), Sub Domains, 30-Day money back guarantee, 99% Uptime, 24x7 email support all for $1 (39 Baht) a month, we even let you try it free for 14-days, no credit card required.

More information here: http://www.3ix.org

Regards

J

hello capo...

im asuming netsol is your company....do u offer unlimited bandwidth on your hosting services?

is rent-a-server loacated in thai or US?

can i have my server co-located in thailand?

Hi

The Rent-A-Server is actually a service to companies to have their own indoor file server (Backup or Web-Server, whatsoever).

So this service is available in Thailand only while our Web-Server is located in the USA and is availabel to everyone. And yes, we offer unlimited Bandwidth.

Rent-A-Server is a Linux / Unix system while our Web-Server in the USA is FreeBSD.

To run your own web-server in your own facility you should either have a permanent IP address or use a service like http://www.no-ip.com is offering.

Hope that helps.

Hello I have used Allwebco now for 2 yrs, fantastic support and a huge range of services and domain name/templates. You must remember SUPPORT IS THE KEY.

You go for a crappy/cheap hosting, and you will go crazy and thro away your pC

Good luck Pipchatel

www.allwebco.com Based in USA take a look

• 1 month later...