Sang Som Up 100 Baht

easyride

My local bar has just slapped a 100 baht hike in the price of a bottle of sang som (to 600 baht) on top which now refuses to hold a tab for me. After 15 years of my patronage do you suppose she's dropping me a hint?

This time of year I'm one of thier few customers and when the bottle is finished so am I :)

And yes, I LIKE sang thip.

My local bar has just slapped a 100 baht hike in the price of a bottle of sang som (to 600 baht) on top which now refuses to hold a tab for me. After 15 years of my patronage do you suppose she's dropping me a hint?

This time of year I'm one of thier few customers and when the bottle is finished so am I :)

Excise taxes on most booze just went up so this may be the reason...20% seems a little steep, however, in these tough times. As to not keeping a tab, maybe she has had some bad experiences so no more credit.

And yes, I LIKE sang thip.

Find a new bar to do business with old chum, there's plenty of 'em who'll take your lolly during this low season recession.

Stop drinking the stuff, better stilkl stop drinking PERIOD, bet you will never feel better after a few days off the hard stuff your Liver/Kidney will think you so MUCH, do it NOW! :D:):D

Have you been drinking? :D :D

Stop drinking the stuff, better stilkl stop drinking PERIOD, bet you will never feel better after a few days off the hard stuff your Liver/Kidney will think you so MUCH, do it NOW! :D:):D

Have you been drinking? :D :D

:D:D:D I think he has!

Edited by joskydive

Change the bar or drink something else. IMHO Saeng Som isn't good stuff anyway, however quite affordable.

I stopped to drink this stuff and switched to San Miquel lite. ;-)

Stop drinking the stuff, better still stop drinking PERIOD, bet you will never feel better after a few days off the hard stuff your Liver/Kidney will think you so MUCH, do it NOW! :D:):D

Yeah I agree , freeze it & chew on it BUT vote with your feet

:D

Still plenty of good priced bars without having to spend your money with that crook.Never actualy bought a full bottle of the stuff and left it in the bar to drink on another day,but probably drank a bottle at 65 baht a drink,now thats robbery.

FYI: my local bar in BKK has this week increased the price of a bottle of Sang Som from 800 baht to 1000 baht. Free mixers for the first day of purchase only. Count your blessings, or better still drink to them!!!!

1,000 Baht? That is outrageous, call the tourist police.

In Pattaya 75cl Johnnie Walker Red + free ice & Coke is 950 Baht

That Sang Som just gives you alcoholic hepatitis & turns you mental over the long term.

FYI: my local bar in BKK has this week increased the price of a bottle of Sang Som from 800 baht to 1000 baht. Free mixers for the first day of purchase only. Count your blessings, or better still drink to them!!!!

Business must be slow hence the price increase, economics Thai style!

• Like 1