Young Canadian Dies In Bangkok

petedk

Yesterday I saw lots of police and ambulances at Charn Issara ll .

My friend told me today that a young Canadian man committed suicide after being mugged and robbed of passport and money. He had just arrived in Thailand. So sad.

Why is there nothing in the Bangkok Post or the Nation?

Anyone else heard about this?

I am afraid that for someone easily rattled and full of fear, losing passport, and money might seem reason enough for suicide. Probably had no idea what his options were.

Yes, I agree. I don't know if he traveled alone or not but 18 does seem a bit young to travel so far alone.

Sad story.

My Thai friends think that suicide was likely as he apparently went to the police after being mugged but they turned him away without helping him. But like all these incidents there are so many different reports so maybe we'll never know what really happened.

Sad story and my condolences to his loved ones. it's always tragic tolose someone in such way.

Please keep in mind that the family might be looking for more information on the internet, so lets keep the speculations to a mimimum and not cause more grief.

I am afraid that for someone easily rattled and full of fear, losing passport, and money might seem reason enough for suicide. Probably had no idea what his options were.

Someone killed him. I am easily rattled and full of fear, but I would have just called someone at home or gone to my Embassy. Killing oneself is never a first option and it is never easy.

suicide? Noooooooooooooo according to forensic tv members there is always a more sinister side.

RIP and sorry for the ones left behind.

Yes of course, you act like its crazy to think so and I think you are crazy for not thinking so. The police given any opportunity will first thing claim a falang murder is a suicide, even if there is a plastic bag over their head with their arms tied behind their back.

So was he renting an apartment out there or what? I can't see any reason a young backpacker would be there. By 'just arrived' they could mean from a visa run. Doesn't seem likely he'd just commit suicide because he was mugged. Anyway whatever happened rest in peace.

If you want to see a great example of how google Thai translator is more or less useless, translate that article.

Lad 18-year-old Canadian Treasury ชาญ bear plunge pool scare 2 die head. Thai police reveal a single day to be a bandit bite ล้วงกระเป๋า and bankruptcy Guard is seen walking วนเวียน Rim balcony floor 4 floor head first spear heads.
Edited by Jingthing

I have to agree. Why kill yourself because you have been mugged? That is pushing things too far. But it is easier for the Thai police than a murder would be.

Because he is Canadian he is weak? Bullsh*t.

He already had experience of travelling abroad, so why top himself over a mugging?

Deffo OTT.

• 2 weeks later...