Avg

McGinty

Can any of you computer wizards out there give me some advice please? I have an Acer laptop and had AVG 7.5 installed for a long time without any problems, then I got notification of a new edition 8.5 and would I like to install it, so I did. For the first two days as it was scanning it was virtually impossible to use mylaptop as it was so slow and I kept getting the big eggtimer. On the third day it scanned up to 365350 items and then stopped and everything crashed so I had to switch off manually.

I then decided to uninstall 8.5 and go back to 7.5 but then the 7.5 would not update and advised me to install 8.5 which is obviously no good for my laptop. So then I decided to install 8.0 but this one crashed and gave me a plain hazy grey screen and I had to switch off manually again.

I have now uninstalled AVG 8.0 from my laptop and don't know where to go from here.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

McGinty

Assuming your AVG is a legal copy, go to the AVG Website and contact support. I'm sure they can help more than we can. Report back when you get their solution.

Assuming your AVG is a legal copy, go to the AVG Website and contact support. I'm sure they can help more than we can. Report back when you get their solution.

Thanks Mrjih.

Have got AVG Free, so not much support for this only a free support forum and can't find an answer to my problem.

If I don't get any joy on here will try avast as suggested by Ignis.