While We Are On The Topic Of Rumors

getgoin

Must be remembered that condoms do not protect against all STDs, including serious ones such as syphilis, I believe.

The point about TB is a good one, too. Also, don't forget about hepatitis & other diseases which can be passed on by kissing, coughing etc.

how does that work then? the condoms not protecting against stds and in particular syphlis, it may not be as fragile as GC but it sure cant penetrate rubber

Syphylis

Type of Infection: Bacterial

Modes of Transmission: Syphilis is almost always transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person. The syphilis bacteria can easily spread from the ulcers on an infected person to the mucous linings of the mouth, genitals, and anus of an uninfected sexual partner. Though unlikely, it is possible to contract the infection by coming into contact with the broken skin of an infected person. Syphilis can also be passed from an infected mother to her unborn child.

Symptoms: Syphilis symptoms occur in stages. Primary syphilis results in painless sores called "chancres." These usually appear on the genitals, but they can also appear on the lips, tongue, and other body parts. These chancres generally disappear within a few weeks, but if left untreated, the disease can progress to chronic stages. Secondary syphilis begins with the syphilis rash. This is an infectious brown skin rash that typically occurs on the bottom of the feet and the palms of the hand. Fever, sore throat, swollen glands, and hair loss can also be experienced. The third stage of syphilis can last for many years, and you may suffer from joint and bone damage, increasing blindness, numbness in the extremities, or difficulty in coordinating movements.

http://www.epigee.org/health/syphilis.html

TB, hepatitis and various other diseases may not be classed as STDs but can be passed on through close contact which occurs during sex.

Edited by WaiWai

Now, don't get too excited or toss me and this post out with the bathwater but someone, foreign woman, told me tonight that the D2 bar has now been turned into a high class bar girl joint. I believe she was serious.

Purely in the interests of 'reasearch' one of us should go check it out! I would (to help fellow TVers but I am in Blightly until next week)

Just a reminder of what the rules say. Pleasr don't step over the line.

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.