Since 7 Years, Non Imm O And Extension To 1 Year Without Marry And 50 Y. ?

Is that possible? I thought the Thai authorities changed the laws regarding Non Imm. O Visa and possible extension to a 1 y. visa without beeing married and without beeing 50 years old, when you have children, in Nov/Dec 2008.

Now somebody wrote me, he has since 7 years, 1 year Visas-family children reason without beeing married and beeing 50 years old.

Did I overlook something in the past? In Vienna Thai embassy consular section they never gave me even a Non Imm. O Visa also i had children with thaiciticens.

My German in thailand living neighbour, younger than me went to the Munich Thai office and always came with a Non Immigrant O Visa to TH. But he never tried for a 1 year visa extension.

Thank you, Alfred

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai

(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will begranted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

Edited by PoorSucker

If you are not married and have a child you can get an extension of stay no matter what your age is now.

The new rules came out last November. Here is what it says.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

How difficult it will be to get the extension will depend upon the immigration office you go to because some only ask for a birth certificate others want you to have legal custody of the child granted by a Thai court.

It you are living as a family you shoudl go to immigration together and have the mothers house book and ID with you.

The Thai embasssy should of given you a non-o to visit family because you have a child. Most will do it including the nearby consulates.

Edit: I deleted your duplicate of this topic.

Ok, thank you,

BUT is it possible that one man claims he got that 1 year Visas since 7 years already?

Without beeing married and not 50 years old? Is that plausible?

I wrote statements same you answer me in another Forum and got a PM which stated that law must be long already, because as that poster wrote, he got the 1 year visas for family-children reason since 7 years and is in the moment 47 y. old.

Thank you, I would like to answer him, because it is the first time I heard of that.

What special treatment did he get if his suggestions are true?

As far as I remember there has always been prevision to stay with Thai child in the regulations until the previous revision where they removed it and had the over 50 clause without financial means. Suspect those in system were still processed. And now has been changed back. But don't have old laws to check that so my memory may be playing tricks.

Thank you all for posting and -lopburi3- gives a possible answer, thats a possibility.

I had another contact with that person who got the 1 year visas already and since long and he wrote me know, that he has the legal right over the child or the children.

So that changes, so I think the situation completely and will be the reason why he got the Visas since long.

Thanks again, by Alfredo

Edited by ALFREDO

Just want to keep up on things. Is it for sure that it has to be legal custody given by the court, or will an Amphur letter from many years ago do the same because it is grandfathered and has been submii\tted repeatedly? Getting a new one for another kid would have to be from the court or can it come from the Amphur like her/his brother's/sister's did some many years ago?

Uncletom

Just want to keep up on things. Is it for sure that it has to be legal custody given by the court, or will an Amphur letter from many years ago do the same because it is grandfathered and has been submii\tted repeatedly? Getting a new one for another kid would have to be from the court or can it come from the Amphur like her/his brother's/sister's did some many years ago?

Uncletom

What is required depends entirely upon the immigration office you go to. Some refuse anything other than custody granted by a Thai court. Others will do it with just a birth certificate.

What you got from the Amphoe was legitimization of the child.

If you have gotten an extension before based upon having a child they should give it to you again because the requirements for proof have not changed.

The only thing that has changed is that the over 50 clause is gone and money or income must be shown now.

Sorry to carry this on folks, ut i would like to clarify a few points with you experts,

We are not married but have lived together in Thai for 3 years full time, gf has a 17 yo daughter in uni, gf has a very good salon buisness earning in excess of 50k bht a month, and about 5k from farm sales,

Im on the 800k in the bank visa, retired, if we got married, could i go down to the 400k with her income as proof of the required 800k a year?

At the moment, i have a meagre company pension from the uk,

Thanks, Lickey.

...Im on the 800k in the bank visa, retired, if we got married, could i go down to the 400k with her income as proof of the required 800k a year? ...

No. It would have to be your income or 400k in a bank account in your name alone for the marriage extension.

--

Maestro

Extension of stay for retirement is 65k/800k. Thai wife is 40k/400k. Being married does not change anything for a retirement extension of stay - it only opens the other option. The Thai wife option requires more paperwork and money now must be your own (the joint income was last years rules).