The Best

What is the general consensus as to the best school to do a TEFL/CELTA course in Thailand? I can do one here ( UK ) but I think Thailand would be better as I want to teach there, plus the fact they will ( so I have read on this forum somewhere ) gear the teaching towards the Thai classroom.

Thanks.

Opinion: I have high regard for our sponsors' courses.

Who is your sponsor and what is the school? Link?

Click on the two banners above. SEE Tefl and Tesol Courses.

I took the CELTA at International House Bangkok and was thrilled with it. Tons of work, but if you can put up with that for 4 weeks then it will be very rewarding. I had no clue how to go about teaching English before that course, and by the end I felt like I could actually teach a class extremely well... worth every penny. :)

I took the CELTA at International House Bangkok and was thrilled with it. Tons of work, but if you can put up with that for 4 weeks then it will be very rewarding. I had no clue how to go about teaching English before that course, and by the end I felt like I could actually teach a class extremely well... worth every penny. :)

I think you get out of it, what you are willing to put into it. It can be very worthwhile if you take it seriously and work hard. I found the course more difficult than law school in terms of the work load, because it is so condensed.

I think you get out of it, what you are willing to put into it. It can be very worthwhile if you take it seriously and work hard. I found the course more difficult than law school in terms of the work load, because it is so condensed.

Sure, I think that's true of any course one would take though.

And the CELTA program was probably the hardest I had ever worked for a class in my life... until I started taking Intensive Thai at Chula... haha The CELTA program was a picnic compared to this. ;P

• 2 weeks later...

If you are just looking to teach in Thailand then it doesnt really mater.... Even if you are going to teach in other countries it probably doesn't matter...

-but-

If you want something that will be recognized by everyone in every country around the world without any doubt what so ever then do the CELTA.

Shouldn't matter where you do the CELTA as all trainers should be equally qualified with certification from Cambridge. Just pick the one that best suites your schedule/location.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are just looking to teach in Thailand then it doesnt really mater.... Even if you are going to teach in other countries it probably doesn't matter...

-but-

If you want something that will be recognized by everyone in every country around the world without any doubt what so ever then do the CELTA.

Shouldn't matter where you do the CELTA as all trainers should be equally qualified with certification from Cambridge. Just pick the one that best suites your schedule/location.

I agree - standards should be global. However, if I was you I would go with International House over ECC just because of the name. This can often be the Tie-breaker (pun intended) in Asia. Good luck. :)