Bad Practice

just had call to book a flight from samui to bangers ,the day i booked i was told by 1771, the promo line , that the price was 4300, because all full .so i booked and paid for it with the WEEKENDER ,the next day out of interest, rang the reservation line and requested a price for the same flight ,and was told ,we have promotion and it was 2750, so i cancelled the old one and had to pay 500 + commission . bloody liberty,?,and re booked the 2750. ,what the hel_l is going on with this place ,the agent WEEKENDER in lamai , whom i used for over 20 flights ,BUT WILL NO MORE, AND RECOMEND YOU DONT EITHER , tells me ,he has no idea that the prices ,change and can only sell me a ticket on the basis of what is shown on the system at the time ,which i totally understand ,however if they expect me to beleive that they dont know the prices change from day to day.even hour to hour .which he admited in our conversation ,,they have been doing the job for 14 years ,and have no ,loyallty to there customers. and bangkok air has dipicable buisness practice ,the island has a bad reputation all over thailand ,and no wonder ,its dieing on its feet ,with exorbatant travel fees and unscrupulus buisnesses,

Why not just buy the ticket direct from the Bangkok Airways office? I rang up to get a ticket the other day and was told that I would not be able to get the promotional internet price if I paid in person at the office, however, when I asked what the price difference was there wasn't one! So I just went and paid, they gave me the ticket and it was very easy. The fare was 2750.

I don't think there's any need to go through travel agents anymore.

BTW: do I gather from the last post that there is a charge for inflating your tyres at the garage? That's crazy!

Yep, and URT->BKK is only 300 ฿ +tax with Air Asia.

Just checked the internet, fare URT - BKK is baht 899, plus taxes,not 300+. Then you have to get there. :)

If you are very flexible and can book well in advance it can be very cheap. The bus to Surat Airport from Nathon is about 300 Baht.

it changes as people change their bookings, so one day a flight can be full and the next a few seats are avaialable, i've changed my bkk flight several times online due to this and got earlier flights going to samui. I do not see any reason to use an agent though the bkk air website is easy to navigate.