Schengen Visa For Thai From Uk

I'm off to the UK with my Thai GF and our daughter (Thai passport, unfortunately).

We had planned to visit friends in Sweden but due to the one month wait for the UK visitors visa to be issued, we do not have time to get the Schengen visa.

Is it possible to get a visa from the Swedish Embassy in London?

I am not hopeful and would rather spend time in England and not waste time on a hopeless cause but if anybody has any knowledge or experience then it would be appreciated before I make my final decision.

Err, how would that help?

A UK visa does not let one enter the RoI; they'd need to get an Irish visa.

The RoI is not in the Schengen area, so once in Ireland they'd need to apply to the Swedish embassy in Dublin for a Schengen visa.

:)

Madmitch,

I think one is supposed to apply for a Schengen visa in one's country of residence. All I can suggest is that you contact the Swedish embassy in London to see if they can help.

My wife who has a 27 month setlement visa for the UK.

Within 1 month being in the UK i got her a multiple entry Schengan Visa at the Spanish Embassy in Manchester.

It was very simple just needed to take all the paperwork and visit the embassy for the morning.

Also it was free as she was married to a UK spouse.

He did say that we was lucky to obtain a multiple entry visa on our 1st application. But we had 2 trips to Spain booked and I said I want to take her to Gibraltor. So they issued a multiple entry visa for 6 months.

You can do the Schengen visa yourself very easy you need to go to

20th Floor, One Pacific Place

140 Sukhumvit Road,

between soi 4 and soi 6

The Embassy is located next to the Landmark Hotel

Skytrain Station: Nana

Tel:+66-(0)2-263 72 00

Tel Visa Section:+66-(0)2-263 72 11

You can do the Schengen visa yourself very easy you need to go to

20th Floor, One Pacific Place

140 Sukhumvit Road,

between soi 4 and soi 6

The Embassy is located next to the Landmark Hotel

Skytrain Station: Nana

Tel:+66-(0)2-263 72 00

Tel Visa Section:+66-(0)2-263 72 11

Thanks but there's not enough time now, plus we live in Phuket. Unfortunately it was the delay at the British Embassy that caused the problem; I expected everything to be ready in three to five days, as stated, not one month!

Sadly we have cancelled the Swedish visit. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately it was the delay at the British Embassy that caused the problem; I expected everything to be ready in three to five days, as stated, not one month!

To be fair to the embassy, what they actually say is

Visa processing time

If no interview is required, your passport should be returned to the application centre within 2-5 working days. If you need to attend interview we aim to provide an interview within 15 working days for non-settlement applications and within 12 weeks for settlement applications.

Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times- when we cannot reach these standards with all applications. Please help us to provide you with the best possible service by allowing sufficient time for your application to be processed. We recommend that you allow at least a month (for non-settlement) and 3 months (for settlement).

(my emphasis)

(source)

Still worth a phone call to the Swedish embassy in London. If you ask they may say 'No' but if you don't ask they definitely wont say 'Yes'!