Real Trouble At The Mill If This Is True! Your Title Deeds Revoked!

Tigs

This has just been emailed to me and a number of others by a guy living in BKK. Before everyone screams where is the source, I don't have it, I have sent an email reply asking for one. Does anybody know anything about the quote below (it includes some of his language at the start), if it is true, then unless an official has been spouting off his own personal thoughts it does not bode well for many farangs here in thailand. How insecure can our future be?? Comments please, do not shoot the messenger I am very concerned and this is not a troll.

This is from high Govt official. If you love your Thai wife or kids you can't do the right thing and buy them a house to live in. How much imported revenue will be lost ???? Foreigners cannot use a Thai spouse as a nominee to buy property in Thailand, however.

“If the Thai spouse has enough money to buy the house that is fine, but if the Thai has no money and uses money given to him or her by a foreigner to acquire property, that is against the law. If we check and find out later that a Thai person has been using money from a foreigner to buy land anywhere in Thailand, we will revoke title deeds,” he said.

So you did not know this when you came over here?

Repeat after me: " In LOS you can not OWN anything, you can only spend your money"

"In LOS you can not OWN anything, you can only spend your money"..... :)

Edited by tartempion

tartempion

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am well aware of that thank you, but that is not what the quote says is it? If I move here and by a house with my wife and it is in her name, what the quote says is that because it was my money used to but the house that my wife owns, then the deeds on the land will be revoked because the Thai would not have had the money without me. I have not got my name on anything, but this says that even if you marry, you cannot have a family home unless your spouse can afford to buy it with her own money. i.e money she has not received from her spouse. That is a completely different twist on the law.