Travelling Outside Thailand Between Double Entry Tourist Visa

OK, so I'm getting a double entry tourist visa and I might want to do some sightseeing in a border country in combination with the visa run. ie. stay 60 days in Thailand, cross the border and stay out of Thailand for a week or two, then return to Thailand on the second visa.

Have done a search, but all the posts I read only mention leaving and returning the same day.

So, my question is- how long can I stay out of Thailand before the second visa validity expires?

Yes I know that I can extend by 30 days without leaving Thailand, but I still need to do a visa run, and if I can stay out for a couple of weeks, I won't need to pay for the extension AND do a border run.

If it makes any difference, I am travelling on a British passport and I am over 50.

Thanks for helpful replies.

When you get your double-entry tourist visa, it will have a text something like “must enter before <date>”. Both entries into Thailand must be made not later than one day before that date. After your first entry into and departure from Thailand you can stay outside Thailand until one day before that expiration date of your visa if you want to use the second entry of it.

--

Maestro

When you get your double-entry tourist visa, it will have a text something like "must enter before <date>". Both entries into Thailand must be made not later than one day before that date. After your first entry into and departure from Thailand you can stay outside Thailand until one day before that expiration date of your visa if you want to use the second entry of it.

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro, guess I'll just have to wait till I get the visa to see what my options are.

If you are in the UK when you apply for your visa it will have a 6 month use before date. So you should not have a problem.

Also I don't reccomend you use the embassy in London to get your visa. Use one of the honorary consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull or Liverpool. They all give good service and accept mail in applications.