12mth Non-imm O Visa Can Be Extended For Another 3 Mths?

I am on an Aussie passport, under 50 years old and have a 12mth non-imm O visa that expires October 15th.

I have to go to Hong Kong on Sept 17th and return to the LOS on Sept 22nd.

I understand that i will get another 90 days from this date, taking me through to Dec 21st.

However I have to go to Malaysia on Oct 13th and come back to the LOS on Oct 27th.

When i come back into the LOS on Oct 27th, will I still be on another 90 days or will I just get the 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival?

I'm guessing that I will be back on the 30 day stamps as my O visa has now expired?

Or will they still let me stay until Dec 21st? :)

Thanks for any feedback :D

I am on an Aussie passport, under 50 years old and have a 12mth non-imm O visa that expires October 15th.

I have to go to Hong Kong on Sept 17th and return to the LOS on Sept 22nd.

I understand that i will get another 90 days from this date, taking me through to Dec 21st.

However I have to go to Malaysia on Oct 13th and come back to the LOS on Oct 27th.

When i come back into the LOS on Oct 27th, will I still be on another 90 days or will I just get the 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival?

I'm guessing that I will be back on the 30 day stamps as my O visa has now expired?

Or will they still let me stay until Dec 21st? :)

Thanks for any feedback :D

Get a RE-ENTRY to keep your addl 3 month valid.

Thanks for the replies :D

I will be flying in and out so the 15 day stamp going via a land border won't affect me.

Get a re-entry permit at immigration the cost will be 1000 baht. This will keep your entry valid until Dec.21 st.

ubonjoe, at what point do I need to get this re-entry permit from immigration?

I'm guessing i should get it AFTER i return from Hong Kong and BEFORE i go to Malaysia?

I also forgot to mention that i have to go to the Philippines from Nov 24th to Dec 3rd.

I hope the re-entry permit will still be valid until Dec 21st for when i return to Bangkok on Dec 3rd? Or will they give me a 30 day stamp at this point when i come back?

Thanks again :)

Edited by transit

You will need a re-entry permit for any trip after visa expiration to keep your stay alive. So get when you return with the new 90 day stamp. A single re-entry is only valid for one trip so your second trip will provide a normal 30 day visa exempt entry.

Thanks for the replies :D

I will be flying in and out so the 15 day stamp going via a land border won't affect me.

ubonjoe, at what point do I need to get this re-entry permit from immigration?

I'm guessing i should get it AFTER i return from Hong Kong and BEFORE i go to Malaysia?

I also forgot to mention that i have to go to the Philippines from Nov 24th to Dec 3rd.

I hope the re-entry permit will still be valid until Dec 21st for when i return to Bangkok on Dec 3rd? Or will they give me a 30 day stamp at this point when i come back?

Thanks again :)

After you return from Hong Kong go to immigration and get the re-entry permit. Then use the permit to enter when come back from Malaysia. Be sure you put the re-entry permit number on your arrival card in the visa number space when you return.

The permit is only good for one re-entry. It would be best to get a 30 day entry when you return in December because that would give you a longer stay.

Thanks guys, what a great bunch you all are :)

I have to go back to Australia to get another non-O visa on January 6th -- so yes, i will get the 30 day stamp when i return from the P.I. on December 3rd.

Unfortunately it will be 34 days before i fly out again so i will get an extension at Immigration rather than pay the overstay fine for those 4-5 days.

Edited by transit