Pregnant Wife Flying To Europe

Hello,

I just wanted to check, if anybody can give me some advice on air lines and travel insurance for my pregnant wife. My wife is waiting now for her Visa from the German embassy and once we got it she should be flying to Germany/Munich. I guess at the date of the the Visa approval she's gonna be in the 33rd or 34th week pregnant. According to our doctor, there is no problem to fly and anyway I'll send her by business class, which should be much more relaxing for her. Since I'm not sure about all the details, I got some questions and really would appreciate if somebody can help me with that:

1. Which airline is the best to book the ticket in order not to get denied during check in and what is the time limit to fly?

2. The doctor confirmed already, that I flight is possible, what does he have to write in the statement for the airline?

3. Are the airlines more flexible for such cases, when they see the pregnant lady is flying by business or first class?

4. Where to do a travel insurance for the flight, so that the flight itself and a possible emergency will be covered?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Chris

I understand that most airlines are very reluctant to carry pregnant women after about the 26th week; for obvious reasons. Even with a doctors letter you may find that they will still refuse to carry her when she is in her 33rd or 34th week.

Check with the airline before you buy the ticket.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually I read a lot of different stories about the airlines and their rules. I even read that some women flew out and into Thailand in the 36th week of pregnancy. That's why I posted this thread, to find out experiences of similar cases and also where a good insurance will be?

Thanks a lot

Hi there,

just found out that Lufthansa doesn't make any problems until the 36th week of pregnancy, after that they require a check up by their own doctors.

Anyway, does anybody know where to make a good travel insurance for my wife?