Gang Fight On Dongtan Beach

BillK

just got a call from a resident of Dongtan Beach who said there was a gang fight at lunchtime on the edge of the car park between what appeared to be two small gangs of beach traders/sellers. Apparently two were left seriously injured (unconscious) and taken by their friends to hospital. The locals said it had been brewing over the last couple of days. I can't see any information on the news services but no reason to doubt that this was a true story.

just got a call from a resident of Dongtan Beach who said there was a gang fight at lunchtime on the edge of the car park between what appeared to be two small gangs of beach traders/sellers. Apparently two were left seriously injured (unconscious) and taken by their friends to hospital. The locals said it had been brewing over the last couple of days. I can't see any information on the news services but no reason to doubt that this was a true story.

Happends every day in Pattaya. :)

Happends every day in Pattaya. :)

This is my report I posted earlier on another forum:

Sunday, 31-5-2009, 12.30 p.m. and I was waiting for an encounter at Dong Tan beach today and was sitting down in front of BookAzine and 7/11 opposite the Police Box. It took some time before my 'encounter' showed up (actually........he still has to come!), and I was checking out the people walking, stumbling and running around.

At some point a group of 5 or 6 young guys (maybe 16-17 years old) went to the beach.

10 minutes after that (probably lunch at the police box was over), about 6 or 7 police men came out and prepared for their patrols around Jomtien; finish their ice-coffee, smoking a fag and rubbing their rubber-stick.

Suddenly a lot of noise..........and action from the side of the preparing BIB: the young guys who went to the beach earlier cam running back from the beach this time, followed by some BIB's and they were caught by the preparing BIB's who were suddenly ready preparing of course. A bit of protest from the boys, but they waited in front of the box for the things to happen. So far, so good; everything under control.

Well, the things happened: An old pick up came from Jomtien Beach Road and drove like an idiot, pushing the horn at high speed towards the car park. Turned the car, and suddenly the group of young boys came into action shouting: (I think)....."It's them, they are the guys you are looking for."

During the turning-action of the car, some other guys jumped into the back of it, and the pick up rushed back towards Jomtien Beach Road; a BIB tried to climb into the back of the pick up, but I couldn't see whether he succeeded or not; anyway.........the BIB climbed on their mobi's and started a posse. So far so good, phase II.

Well not really, obviously someone got hurt in the commotion, whether it was gotting hit by the truck or stabbed by some guys, but while smoking my fag, I saw some kind of badly bleeding person carried around by 4 or 5 people. They dropped him on the corner in front of 7/11, of course attracting a lot of people, BIB's, motorbike taxidrivers, farangs, well just a lot people............

Some BIB's were very busy trying to figure out how their walky-talkies worked and walked in circles, rather puzzled. Obviously nobody thought about warning the Sawang Boriboon Gang for medical support/transport, so after 15 minutes, the victim was 'dumped' in the back of a song taew, heading for Pattaya Memorial, probably.

About the young boys from the beginning of this post? Somehow they were 'related' to the victim (of course everybody is), and they were walking around, with visious faces, promising not many goods.

They only comment I could give at the moment, was at the guy from BookAzine........"This is Pattaya,na?"

Oh yes, I forgot to mention: After the victim was transported by a song taew, the S.B.-gang showed, represented by a guy on a motorbike. So, if you read tomorrow, or the day after, that Police and Sawang Boriboon were rushed to a 'scene' on Jomtien Beach: The police was already there and the Sawang Boriboon showed up after everything was finished.

Suddenly I didn't care my encounter any more, got this nasty feeling and went home.