Monthly Subsistence For Wife And Daughter

ArranP

My wife and I are currently living seperately, if this continues then how much should I be giving my wife per month for her and the baby ? She is in Nakhon Sawan and our daughter is 7 months.

Regards

Arran.

Edited by ArranP

Difficult question and it would also depend on how much you can afford and what things need to be bought for the child.

A salary for a beginning teacher, nurse, policeman is around 8,000 baht. That is not much, but still a reasonable salary for a lot of people in Thailand, where many earn less.

Wouldn't the answer be about half of what you earn? At least in Western countries you are supposed to provide enough money to support the same quality of life for your wife and child that they have had when you were living together.

Starting salaries for other Thai professions are not really relevant.

I asked my wife the question and she came back with 2 answers. Her figure was 15,000 per month. Then she said "a Thai man would see her as a gold mine and would soon latch on". The OP should then "cut the money by half". I now know how I stand if things go pear shape for me. Thanks for the original question.

Edited by coventry

I asked my wife the question and she came back with 2 answers. Her figure was 15,000 per month. Then she said "a Thai man would see her as a gold mine and would soon latch on". The OP should then "cut the money by half". I now know how I stand if things go pear shape for me. Thanks for the original question.

Around 8000 Baht per month.

Wouldn't the answer be about half of what you earn? At least in Western countries you are supposed to provide enough money to support the same quality of life for your wife and child that they have had when you were living together.

Mother and child are in Nakhon Sawan. Last time I checked that is in Thailand. Therefore one would of thought Thai salaries are the benchmark to use in calculating the payments. At least thats how the Thai courts see it. Maybe you know better?

I think 6-9k would be very generous.

Thai absent fathers would generally give nothing.

To the OP, why don't you take the children in your custody?

Lola

Half of what you make. Get real. 8000 a month sounds like fair amount which is a hel_l of a lot more then she would ever get if a Thai was the father.

I'm in exactly the same sitiation as the op but im in uk i left her in Isaan with 10000 baht just over 4 weeks later money gone!Parasite family members helped polish that of quick.What ever u give wont be enough and it wont go to the child probably just line the familys food and life expenses IMHO of course.

If the op wants to pm me about any info i have gained about these terrible situations please do.

I gave 10,000. but since have returned to Nakhon Sawan and staying together with my wife and child.

Things are not so good, it is difficult to get along, she has alot of attitude, which I don't like and feel sad at they way sometimes she relates to me.

I have thought alot about just taking of with the baby and how I could get-away. I believe there is no abuduction laws in Thailand, therefore the police do not get involved if one parent dissappears with the child, however I don't know what the laws are or how I stand if I were to try and board a plane to leave the country.

All this said, it is constantly on my mind, that I would not like her to do this to me, and I do want the child to grow up with a mother and father, I just bear it at the moment because there is nothing I can do, to me her attitude is terrible, alot different from the girl I met, and sometimes she don;t wont't to talk if I bring something up, she gets angry and I dare not take it any further as she threatens to leave wit the baby.

Edited by ArranP

I gave 10,000. but since have returned to Nakhon Sawan and staying together with my wife and child.

Things are not so good, it is difficult to get along, she has alot of attitude, which I don't like and feel sad at they way sometimes she relates to me.

I have thought alot about just taking of with the baby and how I could get-away. I believe there is no abuduction laws in Thailand, therefore the police do not get involved if one parent dissappears with the child, however I don't know what the laws are or how I stand if I were to try and board a plane to leave the country.

All this said, it is constantly on my mind, that I would not like her to do this to me, and I do want the child to grow up with a mother and father, I just bear it at the moment because there is nothing I can do, to me her attitude is terrible, alot different from the girl I met, and sometimes she don;t wont't to talk if I bring something up, she gets angry and I dare not take it any further as she threatens to leave wit the baby.

Don't know all the details, but I think you have made up you mind that things can't be sorted out between you and your wife.

I think you should go with you gut instinct and take the baby out for the day. Go to the airport. There is nothing stopping you legally from boarding the plane as long as you child has the appropiate travel docs, passport etc.

I know that situation very well op,if you check my thread on this section Thai wife wants to keep uk baby there is info on the law in Thailand,I'm on the phone to her every 5 days or so im not ringing more often as she wants abit of space.If you could get the baby to the airport you may have a chance depending on wether the Thai officials that she may or may not call act on the info you have gave.Sounds almost same as my dilema very painfull and depressing time for you fella.I do suggest talking things threw slowly with her its hard i know.

Considering your situation, I would suggest getting some medical insurance if you haven't already.

No matter what budget you give her and the child, things could turn bad suddenly if a serious illness befalls either of them. Health insurance is probably the biggest safety net you could give them.

At the moment, we are together and trying to get along, she seems happy enough and our argments have subsided.

I am very fearful of her taking the baby, therefore I keep very calm and try not to argue, when she does get upset then I apologise to her and tell her I not mean for her to be upset.

This is almost the opposite to how we were when we lived in the UK, when I was not afraid to get angry (for whatever reasons), so I guess the situation is reversed...

We have been together 18 months now.

Edited by ArranP