Swimming Pool Salt

mike44

I have found a cheap source of TRS salt which may be of interest to pool owners.

It is a salt wholesaler on the 107 between Mae Rim and Mae Ma Lai. I do not know its name but it is located on the East side of the 107 road some 2km North of the Rajabhat University traffic lights (opposite a distinctive blue roofed food factory).

I am posting because I now know that I have been massively overcharged by one of the pool companies in Chiang Mai.

I have found a cheap source of TRS salt which may be of interest to pool owners.

It is a salt wholesaler on the 107 between Mae Rim and Mae Ma Lai. I do not know its name but it is located on the East side of the 107 road some 2km North of the Rajabhat University traffic lights (opposite a distinctive blue roofed food factory).

I am posting because I now know that I have been massively overcharged by one of the pool companies in Chiang Mai.

Don't buy ANY supplies from the pool companies. For chemicals and other pool supplies try the shop on Majidol road next to the satellite shop but they are not cheapest for salt

What is the salt used for?

In a pool with a "salt water chlorinator" cell, the pool needs to be topped up with salt, when splash out from the pool reduces the salt concentration to below the level suitable for operation of the "salt water chlorinator".

In my pool, I simply use 1 tablet of Tri-chlorinator twice per week, with no problems to report after doing it for six years... What kinds of problems do you have that require a salt water chlorinator cell ?

In my pool, I simply use 1 tablet of Tri-chlorinator twice per week, with no problems to report after doing it for six years... What kinds of problems do you have that require a salt water chlorinator cell ?

I did not choose the pool system - it came with the house. I have no specific problems. The advantage of a salt water chlorinator is supposed to be that the chlorine is released only in the cell so that there is no free chlorine in the pool water to upset your eyes or hair.

I did not choose the pool system - it came with the house. I have no specific problems. The advantage of a salt water chlorinator is supposed to be that the chlorine is released only in the cell so that there is no free chlorine in the pool water to upset your eyes or hair.

I never have had the problem with chlorine upsetting my eyes or hair..

frontyard.jpg

What is the salt used for?

It sounds like Mike has a salt water pool and you have a fresh water one. There is another thread running on salt water pools here.

Thanks for the thread. I knew nothing about salt water pools before, and now I'm considering a change to salt. Anyone report any problems using a salt water chlorinator ?

• 7 months later...
Do you have any idea where i can purcahse swimming pool salt in Pattaya or Jomtien ?

You would be better served if you posted the question directly in the Pattaya forum rather then Chiangmai. Also, may look through the Swimming Pool forum for topics.