The Pinery

rogerdee123

I'm considering buying a house located in The Pinery.

I've been to Chiang Mai many times but have never been to this mooban. From the pics and the size of the trees it looks like an older development.

Can any of you Chiang Mai residents give me the inside info on this mooban?

Rog

we looked at homes in pinery 4-5 years ago back then they still had homes in the original first part.Now another housing company (maybe the same not sure)is building right up to te pinery wall up frot so this is something to consider if buying anything next to this wall.

they were a good deal but once we looked at the interior layout of the standard 3-4 million baht homes they are choppy little rooms and finished off with the chepest materials,very poor workmanship but this is pretty common you have to gut and re do when buying predone homes to be happy . we liked the 5 million baht home one over from the water tower in the back of the pinery but it sold in the week i was dreaming about this one.. thank goodness it went fast saved me a house payment i did not need. we bought thru a bank foreclosure same sqaure foot new home never lived in for about 1/4 price in another gated community but our home is on a smaller lot which is fine since my cat doesn't know the differance ,less grass to cut too.

When we looked at the pinery last year the old prices had doubled for people reselling homes. this doesn't mean they sell for this though,,.. not sure.

Edited by gatorhead333

I looked around with a friend a while back. I like the layout and it seems to be popular. There are quite a few small not so nice houses though and some of the streets a bit narrow. The "bare bones" houses don't seem terribly well finished.

Comparing houses I prefer the Home in Park just behind - layout a bit boring though.

Thanks for the info and comments and especially for the PM. All very helpful.

I'm going up there to check out the Pinery and a couple of houses there in a couple of weeks.

If there are similar (better) options in a similar mooban I would appreciate your suggestions.

I think I prefer the older moobans or at least with large garden space and big trees.

:)

I've been to Chiang Mai many times but have never been to this mooban. From the pics and the size of the trees it looks like an older development.

Rog

If it's the same place called Lanna Pinery (on the canal road near night safari road) I have two friends who live there, if you PM with your email address I will give to them and ask if they want to give you the nitty gritty. BTW they both seem happy there, their houses and yards are quite nice. There is an older section and a newer section and a mature landscape.

Also, my wife has two real estate listings for houses there in Lanna Pinery (not the same as my friends), at least she did a couple of months ago, I'm not sure of current status but if you are interested I'll check with her. don

HI drtreelove :)

Yes I am interested.

I've sent you a PM with my email address.

thank you very much

Rog

Rog

If it's the same place called Lanna Pinery (on the canal road near night safari road) I have two friends who live there, if you PM with your email address I will give to them and ask if they want to give you the nitty gritty. BTW they both seem happy there, their houses and yards are quite nice. There is an older section and a newer section and a mature landscape.

Also, my wife has two real estate listings for houses there in Lanna Pinery (not the same as my friends), at least she did a couple of months ago, I'm not sure of current status but if you are interested I'll check with her. don