China-hong Kong Visa's.

damo

Hi guys,

I would like to go next month to China (Shenzhen) then Hong Kong returning to Thailand back through Shenzhen. I know I will need visas for China, but not sure about Hong Kong. I will be travelling with my two girls (Australian passport holders) and my wife and mother in law (Thai passport holders).

I would love to hear from anyone who has done this simmilar trip. The visa's are a bit of a grey area for me.

Thanks,

Damo.

Hi guys,

I would like to go next month to China (Shenzhen) then Hong Kong returning to Thailand back through Shenzhen. I know I will need visas for China, but not sure about Hong Kong. I will be travelling with my two girls (Australian passport holders) and my wife and mother in law (Thai passport holders).

I would love to hear from anyone who has done this simmilar trip. The visa's are a bit of a grey area for me.

Thanks,

Damo.

Why not try calling the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok?

I don't believe you need a visa to HK but if you arrive through Shenzhen, go to HK then go back to Shenzhen, you need a double entry visa to China. I know of a couple of people who didn't realize that going to HK was actually leaving China and were blocked at the border when returning to China.

I did this visit last weekend.

As previously stated, Australian/Thai passport holders do not need visas for HK, however you certainly do for China, I would also point out again that you will be entering China twice so you need a multi entry Chinese Visa. these are available at the Chinese Consulate in Bangkok.

I hope for your sake that the swine Flu scare has eased when you cross the land border at Lo Wu as the checks and form filling on both the HK and Chinese side is a little time consuming. On a bright note, the usually very crowded border crossing was relatively quiet last weekend.

I dont know your flight plans but I would suggest that you have a look at Shenzhen Airlines who have recently taken up the Shenzhen - BKK route. A good Airline, new Aircraft and 75% of the flights I have taken with them had farang flight crew.

Also there are some cracking hotel deals in Shenzhen.

Hope this helps