Devastating News For Chang Beer Drinkers In Pattaya

syd barrett

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that we all have different priority but it takes more than a 7 baht increase in beer prices to make me feel "devastated"

It represents a monthly price increase of 2,604 baht for the average Pattaya drinker who wants a fridge-full of beer for him/her self and friends at home.

= GBP 570 per annum

"average pattaya drinker"!!!!!!! what would that be then? :)

I know that we all have different priority but it takes more than a 7 baht increase in beer prices to make me feel "devastated"

It represents a monthly price increase of 2,604 baht for the average Pattaya drinker who wants a fridge-full of beer for him/her self and friends at home.

= GBP 570 per annum

"average pattaya drinker"!!!!!!! what would that be then? :D

No such thing. Don't forget that, on average, every human has one testicle and one ovary. ... Although, come to think of it, if such a human exists, I'm sure it would be found here in Pattaya! :)

As for the flogging of 'Cheers', while I personally agree with the floggers, and won't drink it, I have to point out that, it's all a matter of taste, boys. I love Guinnesss. But I know some beer lovers who can't stand it. Same is true for the much maligned American beers. There are several excellent ones. Bud is NOT the only beer made in America, you know. Miller Genuine Draft is as good as most regular lager beers. Samuel Adams, which can't be found here :D , is better than most. So I like to keep the brand criticism clearly identified as personal opinion and taste.

Personally, I rotate through Singha, Heineken, Tiger, and Chang - one case at a time here. Since I normally don't drink more than 1 or 2 per day, the price increase isn't going to break the bank for me. I certainly wish it hadn't happened; but an extra 20, 30, 40 baht a day is not a big deal.

The price-hike has hit 7-11.

Large Chang are now priced at 42 Baht (up from 38 Baht). Which puzzles me as to why large Chang in Friendship Supermarket are also priced at 42 Baht; surely a supermarket is supposed to be competitive with local 'corner shops'?

I am pleased to report that 4-pack 330ml tins of Chang in 7-11 are priced at 84 Baht (21 Baht per tin) against the outrageous price of a single tin (26 Baht).

Any reports of cheaper beer prices welcome. Thanks! :)

syd barret

re ..... The price-hike has hit 7-11.

Large Chang are now priced at 42 Baht

and ..... Any reports of cheaper beer prices welcome

a large bottle of chiang in tesco lotus in chiang mai tonight was 35.25 baht

try looking in your tesco lotus ..

enjoy .... dave2

Yesterday, a box of large Chang at Makro and BigC 420 Baht (35Baht per bottle)!!! :)

:D:D

Thanks for the feedback. Big C it is then.

Carrefour still sells them,chilled and per bottle,at a price between 32 and 34 baht.It depends seemingly on the day of the week what price they charge.

I used to drink Chang but the quality control of late has been pretty poor and I ws getting too many bottles with chlorine in them so have had to find alternatives

I remember a few months back I had a chlorinated batch of Chang, I didn't need to clean the toilet for a month.

Seriously though, that was a one-off incident. I've not had a chlorinated Chang for at least 3 months now.

Those prices are good reason to limit my visits to Pattaya.

I feel for you guys. Here we pay no 'corkage' and between 15 & 50 Baht for mixers. Makes for a cheap night out with a good bottle in your hand :D

No sexy dancers though :)

• 5 weeks later...

$$$$$$ Chang Beer Update $$$$$$

Friendship Supermarket (Pattaya Tai) has a limited time offer on large Chang beer: 36 baht per bottle or 432 baht per case.

Considering that the 7-11 and Family Mart price is 42 baht or 504 baht per case substantial savings can be made if you act swiftly and stock your fridges and larders.

Cheers beer has gone up from 31 baht ( 500 ml ) can to 38 baht ,at all 7/11s :D

Who the fuc_k drinks Cheers beer anyway? That stuff shouldn't even be called beer. :D

Agree it taste like pi@@

Then it's probably financially sound for you to continue drinking pi@@ considering you know what pi@@ tastes like.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
$$$$$$ Chang Beer Update $$$$$$

Friendship Supermarket (Pattaya Tai) has a limited time offer on large Chang beer: 36 baht per bottle or 432 baht per case.

Considering that the 7-11 and Family Mart price is 42 baht or 504 baht per case substantial savings can be made if you act swiftly and stock your fridges and larders.

UPDATE

It is still selling for 36 baht per (large) bottle in Friendship (August 1st 2009).

Don't forget that Chang won the worldwide coveted 'Golden Medal' the AIBA award, still advertised on the bottles neck sticker.

Cheers! :)

$$$ Chang Beer Update $$$

UPDATE

It is still selling for 36 baht per (large) bottle in Friendship (August 1st 2009).

Don't forget that Chang won the worldwide coveted 'Golden Medal' the AIBA award, still advertised on the bottles neck sticker.

I like a drop of Chang myself, Syd. Glad to hear they are keeping the price down.

• 2 weeks later...
$$$ Chang Beer Update $$$

UPDATE

I like a drop of Chang myself, Syd. Glad to hear they are keeping the price down.

UPDATE: Saturday August 15th 2009

It is with deep sadness, I have to report that as from today, Friendship Supermarket (Pattaya Tai) has increased its price of large bottles of Chang beer from 36 baht to 38 baht.

• 2 months later...

UPATE: Monday 2nd November 2009

Has anyone tried the double packs of Chang 'Classic' beer available at a 7-11 near you. Priced at 78 baht for two large bottles the taste is better than the old style Chang and although still rated at the same strength 6.4% they seem stronger than usual, probably due to the fact that the older style Chang was often only approximately 6.4%.

Recommended!

UPDATE: November 10th 2009

Large bottles of the new Chang Classic are available at 39 Baht per large bottle at Friendship Supermarket.

Also, as from today, Cheers Extra (red 500ml can) is available at Friendship Supermarket priced at 39 baht per can. Alcohol 6.5%.

It tastes pretty good and has quite a kick. Check it out!