Devastating News For Chang Beer Drinkers In Pattaya

syd barrett

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to there own,i personally think the stuff is Utter S&%YT

You might want to give it another try.

The old style bottles of Chang have been replaced by a new product called Chang Classic. It definitely tastes better than the old Chang, you actually don't pull a face at the first gulp. I think they are now using RO water instead of raw water, the chlorine taste has gone and me and my Chang drinking buddies agree that Chang Classic tastes twice as good as the old Chang.

Each to there own,i personally think the stuff is Utter S&%YT

You might want to give it another try.

The old style bottles of Chang have been replaced by a new product called Chang Classic. It definitely tastes better than the old Chang, you actually don't pull a face at the first gulp. I think they are now using RO water instead of raw water, the chlorine taste has gone and me and my Chang drinking buddies agree that Chang Classic tastes twice as good as the old Chang.

I think this Chang Classic is better, I am talking about the bottles with the band round the neck, it is quite an improved difference in my opinion.

No probs at the local wholesellers about "the correct time" for selling beer, all day every day!! Another little tip, when you go in to one of these "roadside wholesellers" always ask the price first and THEN ask, "what price can i sell these for" Nice price!!!! :)

Drink water. It's cheaper and better for you. :)

Or drink rum, much more natural. Made from sugar cane and sweet as a nut :D

Cheaper too!

Chang is the poison of beers. Left the stuff alone as it gives me a 'changover' :D

Edited by JimsKnight

Cheaper too!

Chang is the poison of beers. Left the stuff alone as it gives me a 'changover' :D

Which rum do you drink? The local Thai rums are well known for their deadly long-term effects......

Cheaper too!

Which rum do you drink? The local Thai rums are well known for their deadly long-term effects......

Alcohol in general is known for it's deadly long-term affects.

The local chang is famous for brimming with embalming fluid but hey :D

I'll take rum over embalming fluid thanks :D

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: February 23rd 2010

Following recent massive price increases of Chang (Large Bottle in 7-11) from 38 baht to 42 baht I can recommend that Big C on 2nd Road is selling cases of 12 Large Chang Classic for 435 baht. That is a saving of 69 baht per case over 7-11, which equates to a saving of 13.7%.

Over twelve months that equates to a saving of just over 25,000 baht!

Following recent massive price increases of Chang (Large Bottle in 7-11) from 38 baht to 42 baht I can recommend that Big C on 2nd Road is selling cases of 12 Large Chang Classic for 435 baht. That is a saving of 69 baht per case over 7-11, which equates to a saving of 13.7%.

To make that saving, one would need to consume a crate a day. Which rather begs the question: if you were to drink 12 large bottles of Chang every day, would you last a year ?

Edited by londoedan

To make that saving, one would need to consume a crate a day. Which rather begs the question: if you were to drink 12 large bottles of Chang every day, would you last a year ?

I've gotta drink it to save the money, pass me the next bottle!! :) Think what I can buy with that 25000 Baht! :D