Visa Requirements For Business Set Up

Hello to all !

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction .....

I am planning to move to Thailand to set up a small business renting out 2 or 3 condos or houses to tourists , ( or locals ) . I am in the UK now , and am 30 years old . Provided I invest around 5,000,000 Baht in Thailand , what kind of visa will I need to begin with , and also in order to remain in Thailand on a permanent basis ?

I will be creating a Thai company , of which I will be the director .

Thanks for your help !

David .

Hello to all !

I am planning to move to Thailand to set up a small business renting out 2 or 3 condos or houses to tourists , ( or locals ) . I am in the UK now , and am 30 years old . Provided I invest around 5,000,000 Baht in Thailand , what kind of visa will I need to begin with , and also in order to remain in Thailand on a permanent basis ?

Thanks for your help !

David .

you should get a non immigrant B visa in the UK. Hull is recommended by many members here on thaivisa. Once in Thailand you can extend your stay to one year.

Thanks for your reply Huski ,

so when I come on this non-immigrant visa , can I immediateley set up a company when I arrive ? And must I then do the visa run every 90 days ? Would this be an investment type visa or would I need a work invite . And what is the difference between a single and multi -entry ? Would I then need to apply again after a year and would I have to leave the country for Aussie or UK each year to re-apply for this type of visa ? Sorry for the un-limited questions man , but everyone is giving me different stories !

Thanks again .

David .

Hello to all !

Thanks for your help !

David .

you should get a non immigrant B visa in the UK. Hull is recommended by many members here on thaivisa. Once in Thailand you can extend your stay to one year.

so when I come on this non-immigrant visa , can I immediateley set up a company when I arrive ?

yes you can and should, i suggest going through a company to help with your startup . there are many steps involved and they can process the paperwork for you.

And must I then do the visa run every 90 days ?

yes, you will need to until you have an extension from thai immigration

Would this be an investment type visa or would I need a work invite .

you will need a work permit, the forms can be submitted for you.

And what is the difference between a single and multi -entry ? Would I then need to apply again after a year and would I have to leave the country for Aussie or UK each year to re-apply for this type of visa ? Sorry for the un-limited questions man , but everyone is giving me different stories !

a single entry will allow you to enter once...a multi allows you to leave and return on the same visa. your stay will be valid upto the exp. date of your last entry before the visa expires. both types of visas can be extended to one year by thai immigration if your paperwork is in order. once approved this extension will be dated to expire one year from when you last entered thailand . the exp. date of your work permit and extension should eventually match as that is basis of your extended stay. the next year apply for another one year extension of stay, work permit etc. no need for visas runs once everything is processed properly.

so when I come on this non-immigrant visa , can I immediateley set up a company when I arrive ? And must I then do the visa run every 90 days ? Would this be an investment type visa or would I need a work invite . And what is the difference between a single and multi -entry ? Would I then need to apply again after a year and would I have to leave the country for Aussie or UK each year to re-apply for this type of visa ? Sorry for the un-limited questions man , but everyone is giving me different stories !

Thanks again .

David .

Hello to all !

Thanks for your help !

David .

Talk to Sunbelt Asia through the link on ThaiVisa.