Complete Scan

macb

Anyone got an explanation for the below comment: I did a complete scan with my Free AV programme which I have used for several years and class it as very good.

The full scan result showed one warning as follows (C:/pagefile.sys) could not be opened ???

Okay you buffs

Anyone got an explanation for the below comment: I did a complete scan with my Free AV programme which I have used for several years and class it as very good.

The full scan result showed one warning as follows (C:/pagefile.sys) could not be opened ???

The file is a system file and is locked from being opened by another program as it is in use all the time by Windows for memory/disk swapping. You can put it in your AV program as an exception to not scan. Or you can disable paging, reboot, do the scan then re-enable paging.

Okay you buffs

and the question is...

...which program do you use

?

Okay you buffs

This is a legit Windows file. A virus scanner can't open it because it's a locked and protected system file.

pagefile.sys deals with virtual memory. So, run a scan in safe mode.

Edited by webfact