New Health Clinic - Hang Dong Road

newbie07

The very good reason for editing out emais is that the bots publish them to a trillion spammers.

PB is right in what he says. Being someone who works online, I know all about the hassles of publishing actual email addresses onto web pages, and although many people often submit their email willingly, they are the ones who will get the most SPAM in the long run. It's a sad fact unfortunately.

A lot of personal classified ads will include an email address in the contact details, but savvy advertisers might use a throwaway email just for the purpose of that ad, i.e. set up one of the free email services then discard it once it's served its purpose.

Little pieces of computer code called harvesting bots scour the World Wide Web and collect anything that has the '@' symbol in it, as there's a good chance it'll be an email address. Huge lists of emails are then collected by the scammers then sold on to the Spammers, and this is how a lot of your SPAM mail will arrive to your inbox.

So it's understandable why TV would disallow emails to be publicly posted on their forums, although if someone was happy to publish their own email, I guess that should their choice. Then again, that would be hard to monitor not knowing if the address in question was really theirs or not.

So all that said, if someone wanted to make public the contact email address of a business for the benefit of interested parties, I can't see why it would hurt to use something like: businessAThotmail dot com, which will not be picked up by email harvesters, yet at the same time will still be understood when read by a 'real' person. Additionally, an image of the email address (as was published here), is another safe way of passing on business contact details safely.

Believe me, spammers really do not personally spend their valuable time combing the internet collecting an email here and there. This is an automated process that steals hundreds of thousands, often millions, of email addresses in a single hit.

Back to the Clinic

Generally speaking, email communication doesn't work very well in Thailand whether it belongs to the owner of a tin shack or a contact in multinational. However, yesterday I sent a quick email to the afore mentioned clinic not expecting a reply, yet within 2 hours I got a well written helpful response from the good doctor himself.

Aitch

The very good reason for editing out emais is that the bots publish them to a trillion spammers.

PB is right in what he says. Being someone who works online, I know all about the hassles of publishing actual email addresses onto web pages, and although many people often submit their email willingly, they are the ones who will get the most SPAM in the long run. It's a sad fact unfortunately.

>> snip >>

Back to the Clinic

Generally speaking, email communication doesn't work very well in Thailand whether it belongs to the owner of a tin shack or a contact in multinational. However, yesterday I sent a quick email to the afore mentioned clinic not expecting a reply, yet within 2 hours I got a well written helpful response from the good doctor himself.

Aitch

Thanks for that info, Aitch. Had no idea all that was going on, so I humbly withdraw any implied criticism of TV for their e-mail policy. :D

By the way, pleased that you too were impressed by the good Doctor's efficiency and helpfulness. You know that that will mark you down as a "shareholder" by you-know-who! :)

As previosly posted by us,we have just had our 6 weekly appointment at Dr Morgans clinic and both myself and my wife have had our tablets reduced as our blood pressures and cholestrol have both reduced drastically.Due to Dr Morgan and her treatment and the advice that she as given us over the 18 months that she as been treating us. She is a genuine caring doctor (which is very hard to find in the UK) my comments seem to be mirrored by all who use her practice,before anyone decides to post we have no connection with the practice other than being very satisfied patients.

I suffer from Ulcrative Colitis and need a new doctor as my regular has moved to Bangkok.

This Doctor seems very competant from what I have read here

Do you need an appointment for a consultation that is not a full medical?

Do they dispense drugs?

Thanks

As previosly posted by us,we have just had our 6 weekly appointment at Dr Morgans clinic and both myself and my wife have had our tablets reduced as our blood pressures and cholestrol have both reduced drastically.Due to Dr Morgan and her treatment and the advice that she as given us over the 18 months that she as been treating us. She is a genuine caring doctor (which is very hard to find in the UK) my comments seem to be mirrored by all who use her practice,before anyone decides to post we have no connection with the practice other than being very satisfied patients.

I suffer from Ulcrative Colitis and need a new doctor as my regular has moved to Bangkok.

This Doctor seems very competant from what I have read here

Do you need an appointment for a consultation that is not a full medical?

Do they dispense drugs?

Thanks

If you phone and speak to Dr Morgan,she will arrange for you to go to the clinic.yes we get our tablets from her on each visit.(I have no connection with the practice other than being a satisfied patient). Edited by Patriciachas

I have just returned from work and found many comments added on this thread. I specifically like the one about the person who was accused of being a 'SHAREHOLDER' I am a shareholder, there are only three (3) :D

Dr.Morgan I presume? :D

Could you answer my queries a few posts above?, I would be very grateful :)

On another note, I believe you are staunch Chelsea supporter, where can I find you on another thread.

No I don't support Chelsea.

Unfashionable Reading are my team :)

I've been known to hang out on the football forum from time to time

Mr ThaiPauly, No I am not the good Dr, wish I was but not. The answer would be, please call 053-804405 for assistance. On another note, I believe you are staunch Chelsea supporter, where can I find you on another thread.
You need to change to NUFC it will make you feel a lot better.

Mr ThaiPauly, No I am not the good Dr, wish I was but not. The answer would be, please call 053-804405 for assistance. On another note, I believe you are staunch Chelsea supporter, where can I find you on another thread.

:) Must be really good for your health to support Newcastle :D

:) Must be really good for your health to support Newcastle :D

not good for the blood pressure

I had an appointment with Doctor Morgan this morning.

I must say that I was impressed...and doctors here normally leave me feeling decidedly underwhelmed.

She certainly knows her stuff

I would have no hesitation in recommending her :)

• 2 months later...
I had an appointment with Doctor Morgan this morning.

I must say that I was impressed...and doctors here normally leave me feeling decidedly underwhelmed.

She certainly knows her stuff

I would have no hesitation in recommending her :)

I also would like to add my recommendation.

I took the wife along to see Doctor Morgan, on Saturday morning, regarding what, fortunately, turned out to be a minor ailment.

Doctor Morgan's diagnosis was concise, also explained to me in perfect English, and the entire visit - made stress free.

Access to the clinic and parking are more than adequate and very short waiting time in the Clinic.

When I recently went on a trip down to southern Thailand I got bitten 84 times in one go by sandflys whilst walking on the beach.

I went to hospital in Surat Thani and was given some pills and some ointment.

Upshot is they have not gone away and are still very very irritatiting.

After a week of this irritation I phoned Dr.Morgan and asked her advice which she freely gave about another ointment I could use which I found helpful.

Whilst driving back to CM she phoned me and asked how I was doing....how many Doctors do you know that would do that???

When I got back I went to see her and she gave me an injection of anti-hystemen to ease the itching. I then went off to the UK for 10days , but still the blighters itch.

On my return I went back and she gave me another injection and some steroids as some of the bites had now got infected because of my constant scratching.

On Friday night she sent me an e-mail to ask how I was doing , I responded saying "not well" and she said to come into the surgery in the morning and she would gve me a steroid injection coupled with the anti-hystemen one.

The fee was only 200 baht !!!

Now I am no singer of praises as a rule, but praise where praise is due, and if you want a Doctor who REALLY CARES about you and is not only in it for the money you could do no better.

I couldn't agree with you more ThaiPauly. Dr. Morgan always follows up with a telephone call and/or an email to see how you or a family member are doing. She is the most caring doctor that I have met in many, many years. I too, can not say enough good things about this kind lady.

Having gone to a number of doctors over my lifetime, I would also state that Dr. Morgan is without a doubt, the best general practioner I have found, and that includes the USA where I am from.

While having an experienced and knowledgeable doctor ranks high on my list, I also weigh heavily just how dedicated that individual is to helping the patient in finding out what the root of the problem is. With Dr. Morgan she takes the time to listen and ask the right questions and doesn't simply prescribe the newest drug and send you on your way which is all too common these days.

And while I have read others praise another well known clinic in town (which I used to go to) I would say to those people, to go to Dr. Morgan's clinic next time the need arises and see for themselves why many of us give her such a high recommendation.

We have used Dr. Morgan twice. The first time for a person employed by my wife who got very substandard treatment at a Thai hospital after a motorcylce accident. She was going downhill fast until we prevailed upon her to go to Dr. Morgan. She got propert treatment and in 3 days was back to work. Then one of our 9 year old girls intervened in a dog fight got bitten. So she had to get rabies vaccine. Dr. Morgan was very gentle with her and with no tears at all our girl took her series of 3 shots. (the dog was being monitored for symptoms of rabies but showed none and thrives to this day.) Dr. Morgan speaks English very eill with a pleasing, if somewhat unusual, Anglo/Thai accent.

sorry but i have no idea where the Hang Dong road is. is that the outer ring road, no 11? is the lotus tesco you are talking about on the route 11 on the north side of town?

is there any chance someone could post a google map location for the clinic in the OP

thx steve

As this thread has been brought back to life, I many as well add my recent dealings too.

A short time ago I had a medical question. I emailed the good doctor to ask her advice about a vaccination and whether or not I would need to make an appointment to get it. I got a reply and it was suggested that I do not need this particular vaccine at this time, but she would give it if I insisted. While replying, she also asked how I was doing regarding another minor medical issue that I mentioned to her some months back and one which was not diagnosed or treated by her.

Seeing as email communication does not work very well in Thailand (generally speaking), to think that a doctor would follow up with email (and phone), really is quite unique.

I've never known of any doctor anywhere in the world personally following up with any case, especially minor issues. Who knows, with all this 'patient recommendation' she is getting, there may come a point where there will be no time for such a special service :) , but knowing Dr. Morgan, she would probably employ someone to manage that side of things should it ever happen.

Aitch

is there any chance someone could post a google map location for the clinic in the OP

I made this map sometime ago and will post it now. Others may need to check to see if I have the right place marked since I haven't been there yet. Just used the 400 meter guideline to guess its location.

post-566-1256546543_thumb.jpg

I made this map sometime ago and will post it now. Others may need to check to see if I have the right place marked since I haven't been there yet. Just used the 400 meter guideline to guess its location.

oh, its near the other tesco by the airport

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=h&z=18

thanks for that, steve

I came across a new medical clinic recently. This is run by Dr Nisachon Morgan. It is located on Hang Dong Road, 400m from Tesco Lotus on the opposite side, direction Hang Dong. Full praise - the Doctor has an outstanding command of English, is thoughtful, has a friendly manner, is a good listener and overall inspires confidence. Does annual medical at half the price of Ram IV with all the same tests. Just means for some of the tests being driven to a bigger clinic with all the equipment. These are done promptly and efficiently - less than half day for all the tests followed by full analysis and discussion a day or two later. My wife and I are very pleased with the service. Could be a good option for those living this side of city with general practitioner type needs. Telephone is 053 804405.

New Health Clinic!!

If it is the one that I believe it to be it has been there for more than twelve years (that I know of)

But I guess that if you are Methuselah reincarnated it could be described as "new" :)

I came across a new medical clinic recently. This is run by Dr Nisachon Morgan. It is located on Hang Dong Road, 400m from Tesco Lotus on the opposite side, direction Hang Dong. Full praise - the Doctor has an outstanding command of English, is thoughtful, has a friendly manner, is a good listener and overall inspires confidence. Does annual medical at half the price of Ram IV with all the same tests. Just means for some of the tests being driven to a bigger clinic with all the equipment. These are done promptly and efficiently - less than half day for all the tests followed by full analysis and discussion a day or two later. My wife and I are very pleased with the service. Could be a good option for those living this side of city with general practitioner type needs. Telephone is 053 804405.

New Health Clinic!!

If it is the one that I believe it to be it has been there for more than twelve years (that I know of)

But I guess that if you are Methuselah reincarnated it could be described as "new" :)

Sorry I think you must be thinking of another clinic. This new one is very simple to find as noted before about 400 metres south of Tesco on the other side of the highway, easily found ,with 2 signs out the front (green crosses on white background) off street parking is available or you can park right outside the door if you wish

New Health Clinic!!

It as been their less than 12Months .You are thinking of the one further along Hang Dong road.

• 2 months later...