Koh Tao Dive Centers

zanzibard

hi folks

i go to thailand for 3 weeks on 13/06 and from koh samui i was going to go to koh tao to do my open water and was wondering wether anyone could reccomend a decent dive centre to use there.i was going to go to koh tao as i have heard it is cheaper and better than using a dive centre in samui.is this true? if not could anyone reccomend any centres on samui?

ive been looking at the majority of them on the net and they all seem to offer the same courses at virtually the same prices.

im thinking my best bet would be to go and check them out in person first or should i pre-book?

will it be a busy time when i get there?

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

hi folks

i go to thailand for 3 weeks on 13/06 and from koh samui i was going to go to koh tao to do my open water and was wondering wether anyone could reccomend a decent dive centre to use there.i was going to go to koh tao as i have heard it is cheaper and better than using a dive centre in samui.is this true? if not could anyone reccomend any centres on samui?

ive been looking at the majority of them on the net and they all seem to offer the same courses at virtually the same prices.

im thinking my best bet would be to go and check them out in person first or should i pre-book?

thanks

Try to post in the local forum: Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao forum

hi folks

thanks

Yrs ago, when I did my Divemaster in KT, there were price agreements among the dive centers, so yes, the prices will be the same.

It will not be too busy, slow tourist season, and busy normally just after the Full Moon Party. Have a look around and see which shop appeals most to you. Some prefer the bigger shops, some the smaller shops. Bigger not always better. I could mention some shops I've been diving with, but staff changes so better see for your self. The accommodation offered while doing your OW course may vary in quality....

When in Samui, you will dive the sites from KT, so better move to KT, saves a lot of time. And besides, the island is way nicer!!

Have fun, njoy your course!

you're welcome :), just one dive center you may wanna check: Phoenix Divers. Two of the guys I know there have been working for the shop for over 8-10 yrs. Means they are happy with the way the staff is treated, Happy staff also means happy customers.

hello ive been to Tanote Bay and there some divingschools there and prices are really good the same as 3 years ago wonderful diving but can be windy sometimes if you want to dive and relax Tanote Bay would be the place

have a good time at Koh To Mikki

• 2 weeks later...

You could drop an email to my friends Ayesha and Wilco - they are experienced instructors that live on Koh Tao (They are English and Dutch respectively). They can give you plenty of advice about dive courses and where to stay on the island, whether or not you choose to do a course with them. Ayesha just wrote the 2009 Travelfish guide to Koh Tao. Their own site is LearnToDiveOnKohTao.com

It's a good time to go to the island weather wise -- but watch out for the rush after the Full Moon Party - that's when the island typically gets really busy. Mind you, with the current tourism downturn, that might not be a problem

Edited by blackbooks