Divorce - Land And House Questions

jeztennis

hi

am currently starting divorce proceedings with my thai wife due to her adultery

i have paid for a house to be built in my name on land owned jointly by my wife and her half sister

i have a legal agreement that my wife must pay me 1 million baht if we divorce but she obviously declares that she has no money even though she is back doing what thai ladies do best :)

can anyone let me know the legal situation regarding suing the wife for the return of a portion of the money spent on the house?

is this possible and has it been done before

i have a thai lawyer but one minute he says it is possible the next he says it is not so am a little confused

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Geeze, I can understand you are a little bit bitter, but I think your comment about going back to do what thai ladies do best is a little bit out of line.

Seems you picked the wrong lady & you made a big mistake building a house here in Thailand, where the golden rule is only part with what you can afford to lose.

I wouldnt be searching for cheap advice regarding this online, you need to get yourself to a compentent lawyer and see if anything can be sorted for you in this situation. You must understand now, having been in Thailand long enough that this isnt going to be a simple matter. Good luck.

Edited by neverdie

Perhaps some recommendations for a good lawyer would serve the OP better than discussions about his wife.

Have you tried contacting any of the forum sponsors jez? Although in Issan, I think Issan lawyers might be of help in this.

And I am sorry your marriage has broken down, its never easy and always painful, but please do not tar all Thai women with this brush.

There have been a number of prior threads about suing the Thai spouse to recover funds, i don't recall which which forum/s, but the property forum would be the logical place to start. So I would suggest scrolling back through earlier threads and/or doing a forum search on key words like "court suing wife " etc to locate some of these and pick up some info. I do recall that the farang spouse was successful or partly successful on some of these occasions ... so there is some hope ... good luck

It would be have been helpful to say what area you are in if you are looking for lawyer recommendations. You might also pick up some tips on this issue in those earlier threads.