Search Problem (?)

zapatero

Hello Folks,

I seem to be having trouble with the search engine -- receiving either too little or too much.

For example, try "CPA", (for Certified Public Accountant). I have read a number of posts that include the acronym CPA, however a search on CPA finds nothing.

Conversely, when I try a search with several terms, I receive a list of posts, many of which seem to be completely irrelevant to the the search terms.

Am I experiencing a temporary bug in the search engine, or is this common?

Thank you very much,

~~~zapatero

Hello Folks,

I seem to be having trouble with the search engine -- receiving either too little or too much.

For example, try "CPA", (for Certified Public Accountant).  I have read a number of posts that include the acronym CPA, however a search on CPA finds nothing.

Conversely, when I try a search with several terms, I receive a list of posts, many of which seem to be completely irrelevant to the the search terms.

Am I experiencing a temporary bug in the search engine, or is this common?

Thank you very much,

~~~zapatero

When you search for "CPA", do you not get the following message?:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Is this not self-explanatory? :o

You'll have to find a search string longer than three letters if you can. Also note that you can search either the entire post, or just topic tiles. If you just searched topics, try searching the whole post, you should get more hits that way.

Hope that helped.

cv