Have An Unused Non B Visa In Passport

Well this is a strange one!

I recently went to Laos for a new Non Im B Visa for my new job. When I exited Thailand I had a double entry Tourist Visa .. with only 1 entry used. I was to reenter Thailand with the new Non B .. OK? I wasn't worried about losing the 2nd entry of the Tourist visa as I received it for free in Laos 2 months or so ago.

The Problem

This evening I was flicking through my passport to look up a date .. when I suddenly realised I had been stamped in to Thailand for only 60 days ! .. not 90!

A "little light came on" .. I looked at the old double entry Tourist Visa ans sure enough .. it was stamped with the date of my Laos exit with an additional couple of hand written slashes with the word "USED" on it !

The Non B Visa was untouched. The helpful immigration officer entered me into Thailand on the second entry of the Tourist Visa instead of the New Non B !!!!!

My school just submitted the papers for my work permit today! .. but I'm not on a Non B !

The Question (Finally)

Can I do a border hop to Cambodia and return with the unused Non B? .. even though I got it in Laos and have already made an entry into Thailand?

The Non B says " Enter before 20th August 2009" .. well I did .. but on the Tourist Visa .. do I get another chance to use it?????

Thanks

:)

What you just learned is that in your arrival card you need to write the visa number you want to use entering the country. When entered, check the stamps before leaving Immigration officer. :D

Thanks .. I learned that long ago .. I did write the visa number. Unfortunately I slacked off on the second bit .. "checking" .. however .. the Vientiane-Udon Bus was in a hurry ... sooooo.... bugger it !

Anyway .. I'll wait for a couple of more confirmations of "no problem" before I hop on a songtaew to the Cambo border. (I'm in Chanthaburi)

:)

Edited by teachermark