• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

2. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

3. 0

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

4. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

5. 23

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

6. 61

Why Do You Even Drink?

7. 23

8. 14

Thaksin and Pheu Thai Party face constitutional showdown

9. 1

Police Identify 24 Suspects in Connection with Hundreds of Deaths at UK Hospital

10. 9

Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

11. 0

60-Year-Old Man Fatally Shoots Ex-Girlfriend, Then Himself, After Failed Reconciliation

12. 0

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

13. 130

Trump chickens out again.

14. 23

15. 23

Buying Motorbike And Register In My Name

hadock

Hello together,

i am thinking about to buy a new motorbike (Kawasaki D-Tracker). The dealer told me they make all paperwork.

They just need my passport and a kind of document for address registration.

Can anybody tell me what kind of document that is, where i can apply in Bkk,and is it also possible with a touristvisa.

I read here in the forum i need for address verification a passport and the rental contract of my appartment.

What else i need?

Thank you

Haddock

Hello together,

i am thinking about to buy a new motorbike (Kawasaki D-Tracker). The dealer told me they make all paperwork.

They just need my passport and a kind of document for address registration.

Can anybody tell me what kind of document that is, where i can apply in Bkk,and is it also possible with a touristvisa.

I read here in the forum i need for address verification a passport and the rental contract of my appartment.

What else i need?

Thank you

Haddock

Serch for "Certificate of Residence", and you will find how to get this in BKK. Tourist Visa or any other permit to stay is no problem.

If you are in bangkok, certificate of residence is easy to get from your embassy. Simple document where embassy says you have informed them that you reside in xxxx address.

Few years back you also need non-imm visa but not sure how it is nowdays so go KataBB seems to have up to date info.

If you are in bangkok, certificate of residence is easy to get from your embassy. Simple document where embassy says you have informed them that you reside in xxxx address.

Few years back you also need non-imm visa but not sure how it is nowdays so go KataBB seems to have up to date info.

Just bought a Ninja I supplied:

1. Passport (think they only copied photo page)

2. Work permit

3. Employment agreement with address.

You could buy one with a tourist visa as your money is as good as anyone elses but you will have problems with registration and getting the bike into your name legally - I would suggest showing them what you've got and see what they say.

good luck

Richie

2. Work permit

You could buy one with a tourist visa as your money is as good as anyone elses but you will have problems with registration and getting the bike into your name legally - I would suggest showing them what you've got and see what they say.

good luck

Richie

20+ bikes, cars and trucks. Never a problem with entrystamp or touristvisa for 6 1/2 years. BKK, Pretchuap, Petchburi, Rayong and Phuket. :)

Edit; If on touristvisa, get a 30 day extension first, to make Certificate of Residence valid as long as possible. Its valid as long as your permit to stay. If it expires before registration completed, just get a new one.

Edited by katabeachbum

2. Work permit

good luck

Richie

20+ bikes, cars and trucks. Never a problem with entrystamp or touristvisa for 6 1/2 years. BKK, Pretchuap, Petchburi, Rayong and Phuket. :D

Edit; If on touristvisa, get a 30 day extension first, to make Certificate of Residence valid as long as possible. Its valid as long as your permit to stay. If it expires before registration completed, just get a new one.

I don't think Bangkok DMV will let you register a vehicle with only a tourist visa... If I remember correctly the minimum requirement is a non-imm visa valid for a minimum of 180 days plus address cert. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

20+ bikes, cars and trucks. Never a problem with entrystamp or touristvisa for 6 1/2 years. BKK, Pretchuap, Petchburi, Rayong and Phuket. :D

I don't think Bangkok DMV will let you register a vehicle with only a tourist visa... If I remember correctly the minimum requirement is a non-imm visa valid for a minimum of 180 days plus address cert. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Only done it once in BKK, Vigo june 2006 from K Motors Toyota dealer. Used friends sukumvit condo tabien baan to get Cert Residence from Immigration, on touristvisa. Changed to Phuket plate later. Done it approx 20 times other DMVs.

As I understand, BKK immigration is not happy to issue Cert Residence anymore, so have to get in your Embassy.

OP, just bring your passport to bike dealer, and ask what more they need. Often they say workpermit blablabla, but thats not correct.

Good luck

Depends on the dealer, the region, etc..

The law says non imm type visa.. Reality is many regions allow it on any visa class, even visa exmpt stamps. Some dealers better than others, some dont know what thy are doign and gve bad advice, etc.

Thailand.. No one rule applys.

OP, just bring your passport to bike dealer, and ask what more they need. Often they say workpermit blablabla, but thats not correct.

Good luck

LOL- you are assuming the dealers have a clue about what the requirements are for foreigners, which is rarely the case. After all, their job is to make the sale, not deal with the paperwork...

Good luck

LOL- you are assuming the dealers have a clue about what the requirements are for foreigners, which is rarely the case. After all, their job is to make the sale, not deal with the paperwork...

Hmmm, agree.

OP, just bring Passport and Cert Residence to dealer and get your bike. They often ask about Workpermit, but I always say may mee.

If you bring a girlfriend assume they want bike in here name :):D

hi im from indonesia, i will came to thai in 19 july

im looking for vintage mini bike who will fit my budget

pocke, suzuki epo, rv 50, z50, etc

do you think i can break it as a part (it will be around 35 kg) and bring it cross the malaysian border ? from there ill fly to indonesia

thanks

<snip>

+6285692665685

Edited by soundman
Email address removed as per forum rules. Use PM system.