Buy Cheaper Cheddar Cheese In Bangkok

Erik1

heloo. does anyone know where i can buy some cheddar cheese in bangkok?. Im looking for a 1or 2kg block not sliced. and ive been to the gourmet market but it is soo expensive. and what i can find in tesco is one small piece 250g cheddar named tasty for astonishing 175baht. so does anyone know where i can buy 1 or 2 kg for a reasonable price?

hope for some answers :)

heloo. does anyone know where i can buy some cheddar cheese in bangkok?. Im looking for a 1or 2kg block not sliced. and ive been to the gourmet market but it is soo expensive. and what i can find in tesco is one small piece 250g cheddar named tasty for astonishing 175baht. so does anyone know where i can buy 1 or 2 kg for a reasonable price?

Any Macro has the 2 Kilo cheddar block at around 600b, may have increased to 700 now though.

Reasonably tasty.

Regards Bojo

Any Macro has the 2 Kilo cheddar block at around 600b, may have increased to 700 now though.

Reasonably tasty.

Regards Bojo

allright thank you very much. macro here i come. :D

May seem a dumb question but where is there a macro near sukhumvit??? also do you have to register in the store and get a store card to enter the place as you do in the UK??

im going to makro charansanitwong. but it would be strange if i have to register to get a cheese. yeah i will go and see now.

As beano said, you can get a 3-use day card at the service counter. Though after you spend enough money, around 1000B, you can get a permanent card for free.

How did your bargain cheese work out? Which brand do you get? How do ya rate it?

:)

As beano said, you can get a 3-use day card at the service counter. Though after you spend enough money, around 1000B, you can get a permanent card for free.

How did your bargain cheese work out? Which brand do you get? How do ya rate it?

:)

no i did not have to register or do anything., i just bought the cheese in the counter for the same price as on the price tag. she asked if i had a card and i said no. and nothing more about that. 690 baht was the price for 2 kilo cheddar cheese block. not sliced. the brand was ARO. they had mozarella cheese also 2kg. a littlebit cheaper. think 600baht or something. it is good cheese for that money. im not much of a cheese taster i just want some cheese on my sandwich. and that is taste good. its not like the fine brands but is it well okay for that price.