Main Dealers

I'm considering buying a new vehicle sometime in the near future.

I'm aware that the tent garages don't give you a very good deal when trading cars as I have found in previous experience.

has anyone any experience of trading in a vehicle for a new car with a main dealer. One would hope that you may get a better trade in price.

it is pretty much the case in Europe, as for Thailand I'd be obliged for any feedback

Cheers.

I'm not actually sure they take trades. I have sold 2 cars, one on the internet it only took 3 days to sell and the other I could have sold on the internet but everyone was worried about the headlight style on the car and ticked me off so instead of listening to them hem and haw it wasn't a "big eye" I sold it to a tent dealer who actually only gave me 8,000B less than I wanted (I didn't tell him that).

Dealers do not take trade-ins but call used car dealers to bid on your car. I usually try to avoid this step cos it's not good for my blood pressure. Best to sell your car yourself. Taladrod.com is a good site to place an ad. It's in Thai but works great.

I traded in my old Corolla at the main Tpyota dealer in Pattaya for a new Vios.

Just go around the second hand dealers and get quotes and then go armed with that knowledge to the main dealer and start negotiating.

If you are buying a new car from them then they will just discount the money for your trade in against the new car.

I was offered less at the Honda dealer for my old city, when I purchased a new civic. Got 10K more at a tent. New car dealers here don't seem to have a section for used cars. I guess they are then passed on to tent in the end anyway.

Might get more if you sell privately, but might take some more time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering buying a new vehicle sometime in the near future.

I'm aware that the tent garages don't give you a very good deal when trading cars as I have found in previous experience.

has anyone any experience of trading in a vehicle for a new car with a main dealer. One would hope that you may get a better trade in price.

it is pretty much the case in Europe, as for Thailand I'd be obliged for any feedback

Cheers.

Here is the contact info for one of my dealers in Thailand

NEIL AUTOHAUS CO.,LTD.

BANGKOK

170/16-18 SOI SUANPLU, SATHORN TAI RD., TUNGMAHAMEK, SATHORN

Tel: +6622870035

Email: [email protected]

He uses my services to purchase cars from the Manheim Auctions US and Europe for resale in Thailand. I am pretty sure he will be able to help you with a purchase of an import or trade in.

Cheers and good luck. :)

if you need your car transported to Thailand, give me a shout [email protected]