Texting To Uk From Thailand

Hi,

I met a girl on Koh Samui and I'm back in the UK now. I have text her using 0066 then her number minus the first 0. For her to text me back would she have to dial 0044 then my number minus the first 0? I think I'm right but just want to make sure.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by sammarshall27

Hi,

I met a girl on Koh Samui and I'm back in the UK now. I have text her using 0066 then her number minus the first 0. For her to text me back would she have to dial 0044 then my number minus the first 0? I think I'm right but just want to make sure.

Cheers,

Sam

You are correct mate. On a mobile you can use The +44 instead of the 0044.

Cheers, Rick

Hi,

Cheers,

Sam

Im assuming you mobile is with a UK provider ??? this will cost you a small fortune my friend if you texting a lot.....

Stick to emails fella !!

Hi,

Cheers,

Sam

Im assuming you mobile is with a UK provider ??? this will cost you a small fortune my friend if you texting a lot.....

Stick to emails fella !!

Quite correct. You will pay to recive as well as pay to send them.

...For her to text me back would she have to dial 0044 then my number minus the first 0?...

You are correct mate. On a mobile you can use The +44 instead of the 0044...

Thailand is one of the few countries in the world that does not use 00 as the International Direct Dialling Prefix. From Thailand to the UK it is 00144... On a mobile phone, it is best to use always +44... for a text message (SMS). This means that you can use this number to text from anywhere in the world.

--

Maestro

Edited by Maestro
Added link - Maestro

This topic is about a person in Thailand using a Thai SIM to text a person in the UK who uses a UK SIM. In this scenario, the recipient of the text message is not charged anything by his UK provider. There is no roaming involved in this process.

--

Maestro

The OP's question was concerning the correct numbers to Dial from both Countries. He did not ask about the cost, so one might assume that he already knew that.

There are many ways to contact Thailand cheaply from the UK as many of us know. VOIP has got to be the answer if the texting option is too expensive.

My answer is download Skype. Apply for Skype out which enables you to call any land line or mobile from your PC. It also enables you to send and receive TEXT messages from mobiles. The costs are minimal.

I prefer to use Skype to call but if text messages are your thing do the above.

Cheers, Rick

The OP's question was concerning the correct numbers to Dial from both Countries. He did not ask about the cost, so one might assume that he already knew that.

There are many ways to contact Thailand cheaply from the UK as many of us know. VOIP has got to be the answer if the texting option is too expensive.

My answer is download Skype. Apply for Skype out which enables you to call any land line or mobile from your PC. It also enables you to send and receive TEXT messages from mobiles. The costs are minimal.

Cheers, Rick

I know he didnt ask about prices but he came across as a bit of a novice so i just commented that it may be costly for him,

was just trying to be helpfull thats all ....

This topic is about a person in Thailand using a Thai SIM to text a person in the UK who uses a UK SIM. In this scenario, the recipient of the text message is not charged anything by his UK provider. There is no roaming involved in this process.

--

Maestro

For what I know there is no cost on receiving a text message on any european country.

For this reason international SMS are mor expensive to send, 45cent from an italian cell phone...

Use Skype also for SMS, very cheap abroad.

For cheap texts from UK to Thailand try smscountry.com

texts cost 3.24 pence & can be sent from computer or from your mobile via email-to-sms

For calls use:

Planet-Numbers 08446050666 1 pence a minute

or:

Call Happy 08447599525 1 pence a minute

If you are a T-Mobile user user you can use Call Happy T-Mobile 07755220919 & this costs only 3 pence a minute

These are the cheapest & simplest services I have found & have been 100% tested by me/family & friends.

I can guarantee they are cheap because ผมมัธยัสก์มาก ๆ

Cheers, Rick

Skype is certainly the way to go, but for SMS messages it is outgoing only.

Cheers, Rick

Skype is certainly the way to go, but for SMS messages it is outgoing only.

You can send TEXT messages from skype and stipulate a mobile number on which to receive the reply. I find it quite useful.

Cheers, Rick

Cheers, Rick

I know he didnt ask about prices but he came across as a bit of a novice so i just commented that it may be costly for him,

No Offence meant mate.

Cheers, Rick

Skype is not cheap:

UK to Thailand land line cost is: 4 pence per minute

UK to Thailand mobile cost is: 7.5 pence per minute

http://www.skype.com/prices/callrates/?cur...y=GBP#listing-T

Skype sms is 4p per text message.

http://www.skype.com/prices/smsrates/?currency=GBP#listing-T

I can do calls to Thai mobiles or landlines for 1p per minute from any UK landline by using an access number, simple to use, no set up & cheapest service available.

Skype sms charge is reasonable but smscounty.com is cheaper & more simple to use.

Edited by BuckBee

Cheers, Rick

No Offence meant mate.

Cheers, Rick

No offence taken then my friend :)