Food Poisoning On Convent Road

bkk2004

Anyone else get hit by food poisoning at one of the western establishments (I won't mention names) on Convent Road yesterday?? May have been the result of the power outage for maintenance work the day before and the refrigerators not working for quite a few hours. Pity, great establishment but it makes you wary ...

Despite what a lot of Westerners say about the conditons of Thai restaraunts, the Western places are not always up to par with acceptable hygiene. Many places will not throw out food that has been sitting in a freezer/fridge that's been shut off or simply not turned down cool enough. It's simple economics...these places would rather risk sickening their customers than losing profit, a truly sad business practice indeed.

I had after a wonderful buffet meal at the Orient Hotel's Lord Jim Restaurant. Sick as a dog for 1-2 hours later from food poisoning and am certain that is where I got it.

In the few yrs I have lived in Bkk, I had food posioning 3 times and I attribute it to bad pork salad two of those times. The other time, I think it was bad mayo in a salad. In the US, I had food poisoning once in my lifetime.

It only takes a small bit of bacteria to cause food poisoning.

Despite what a lot of Westerners say about the conditons of Thai restaraunts, the Western places are not always up to par with acceptable hygiene. Many places will not throw out food that has been sitting in a freezer/fridge that's been shut off or simply not turned down cool enough. It's simple economics...these places would rather risk sickening their customers than losing profit, a truly sad business practice indeed.

Western places? where? U can't just say that and not back it up???? Very cheap shot!