Are There Any Free Radio Stations On My Computer?

Leesoi2

loads of radio stations have a button to start listen on the web site for the station. If you have a fav you can start there.   Some will not serve a remote IP because the ears don't get paided for by ads, but some don't care.  Going to the site via a us based free proxy can sometimes get it going.  I use amaroke in linux for music stations like you would a mediaplayer, but just plain news stations are hard to find.

Is there a free way to listen to an American, English speaking news radio station from my computer while in Thailand? Thanks, Lee

Just search for Net Radios, think theres stations from almost every state and counties

If you have a decent internet connection, yes, there are thousands of stations for you to listen to. My MacBook runs Itunes, and it has a radio section with news and every genre of music you might want. Dozens of news stations in English.

Try going to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and downloading the version for your PC.

If that doesn't work, most stations have their own website where you can listen in as well.

Good Luck!

If your from the Uk. BBC IPlayer has all the BBC stations Avaiable Inc Local Radio Stations

Other than that Lots and Lots. The I Tunes Link is good for maybe 100 +

I only have the 3mb Conection and works Ok

Shoutcast.org is a great starting point, over 27,000 broadcasts. Works well with winamp. The AAC+ format used by some stations sounds quite good and uses less bandwidth, but only a handful of players other than winamp support it. AAC+ seems to stream more reliably to thailand too, not sure why....

edit: sorry, just re-read your post and noticed you're looking for news stations specifically. shoutcast is a bit weak for news & talk radio.

Edited by Veazer

If your from the Uk. BBC IPlayer has all the BBC stations Avaiable Inc Local Radio Stations

Other than that Lots and Lots. The I Tunes Link is good for maybe 100 +

I only have the 3mb Conection and works Ok

Does the windows version have fewer stations? I just did a rough count of my ITunes stations and stopped at 800. Just the Golden Oldies alone is the better half of a 100.

Music is never a problem its everywhere on the net 1000's.  Main stream News programming and talk radio are harder to find.  Fox talk radio has a daily podcast, but its not news.

The easiest way is to install the Thaivisa Toolbar for Firefox or Internet Explorer

It comes pre-loaded with thousands of radio stations.

George, Is there a way to Unload it if we don't like it? I'm willing to give it a go if I know I can revert back if I don't like it.

Is there a free way to listen to an American, English speaking news radio station from my computer while in Thailand? Thanks, Lee

Just do a google search, something like "free internet radio stations". There's a gazillion of them out there, I listen every day to WKHR-FM in Cleveland/Bainbridge, Ohio, commercial free music, but there's plenty out there for anything you want.

Itunes has free radio for one. Chok Dee, Ernie

The easiest way is to install the Thaivisa Toolbar for Firefox or Internet Explorer

It comes pre-loaded with thousands of radio stations.

George, Is there a way to Unload it if we don't like it? I'm willing to give it a go if I know I can revert back if I don't like it.

Yes, you can easily uninstall it completely via Windows Control Panel -->> Add/remove program.

Please let me know if you like the toolbar.

Download it for IE and FF: http://toolbar.thaivisa.com

pandora.com will allow you to adjust the playlist to your personal taste

Pandora supposedly is no longer available in Thailand. They closed me out and told me their license would no longer let them transmit outside the U.S. I still get an occasional plug from them but when I try to log on, same result,

I hope I'm wrong.....Ernie