Tennis In Patong

yeastside

Hi All

does anyone know of any public courts in and around the Patong area?

I know some of the top resorts have tennis courts but they are charging 300bht per person for an hour, which could prove expensive over a month.

thanks

Hi All

I know some of the top resorts have tennis courts but they are charging 300bht per person for an hour, which could prove expensive over a month.

thanks

Not in Patong, but in Kata Noi on the left as you come down the hill. it's probably owned by Kata Thani but if you are farang and brought your own balls and rackets I bet no one would challenge you.

Edited by Scubabuddha

heard about the ones in Phuket town so will check them out sometime but probably too far to visit on a regular basis.

Will also check out the ones in Kata, when i was at the after beach bar i could seem some just set back from the beach so will see if they are available, not sure if they are the same ones?

will continue the quest to find some on the door step in Patong at a resonable price or even in Kathu over the hill.

In Kathu, they have courts at Prince of Songkhla University. They are not in the best of condition but playable. Just go on them and someone will come round and collect the money - not expensive, about 40-baht I think.

Years ago you could get a membership at Patong Resort which I used for swimming (25m pool) but could also have use of the tennis courts for 30 Baht an hour (30 baht for 4 people). It will have changed by now but could be worth checking out.

Hi All

thanks

Hi there,

probably not a great help to you yeastside but there is a great sportsclub hidden in Rawai, a few clicks down the side road at lemon green petrol station. A very well presented single court, floodlit with practice wall, not overly busy, no membership fees as yet and bookable via a quick phone call. There are a good few of us down in the rawai/chalong area playing regularly but could do with a few more to combat the phuket disease of 'yeah i'll be there'... not the cheapest place around to play but its easy to make a night of it there, good bar area, cheap beer, nice n simple food, good dartboards, pool tables, fishing, that french game with little balls, volleyball and archery. the owners name is Stafford and web site is at: http://www.phuketsport.com/... I play wednesday nights (badly) if anyone fancies a couple of hours give me a shout on here.