Shipping Costs To The Uk

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a business where we are going to export from Thailand to the UK. We will want to send parcels varying in size from 300g up to 10kg from Bangkok to the UK (Manchester) on a reasonably frequent basis. Price (as cheap as possible), reliability and speed (no longer than 5 days guaranteed) are the most important considerations.

Has anyone got any recommendations of reliable shippers that can be used?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a business where we are going to export from Thailand to the UK. We will want to send parcels varying in size from 300g up to 10kg from Bangkok to the UK (Manchester) on a reasonably frequent basis. Price (as cheap as possible), reliability and speed (no longer than 5 days guaranteed) are the most important considerations.

Thanks,

Richard

Unfortunately the Thai post office EMS service (the most expensice so called 3 day service) can take 5/6 days to the UK. They have a document service (up to 2KG, but only for document size style packages) which is 'signed for' and very cost effective, but takes about 10 days. Enquire at post offices or their website for all their services.

Looks like you'll have to use DHL or other similar courier service(very expensive though)

Regards Bojo

Hi,

Thanks,

Richard

We also use EMS for similar packages, although as bojo says the 5 days is not guaranteed - I would say that approx. 80% of our shipments arrive within 3-4 days.

EMS relatively expensive though, especially since the min weight is 2kg. Parcel Force handle the UK part and are usually fairly good with the delivery although make sure that you track the parcel and call them for delivery otherwise they inform you by post, which adds another couple of days. Usually they will deliver same day/next morning. They can add a GBP 15 charge per parcel in addition to the duty and VAT - this is not always the case though and the parcel force charge seems to be linked to whether duty/VAT is applicable on the goods.

After using most of the courier type services we have found EMS to be the best in terms of handling and have so far not had any damaged goods - unlike the larger door-to-door couriers.

The big advantage with EMS is that they do not impose a volume restriction and it is therefore ideal for bulky, low weight, high value items - our main product that we ship are artificial flowers.

• 1 month later...

Use EMS for any parcels that weight below 11kg and use Fedex (25kg Special box) for any parcel that weight above 11kg, these are the quickest and cheapest ways of shipping from Thailand to UK for expedited consignments.....Believe me I have been shipping to the UK for over 11yrs now and have already done the hard work of finding out for you :)

Here are some useful links for you hope that admin dont pull them...

Thailand post website (Prices)

http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp

Thailand post (EMS Tracking)

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

Parcelforce UK Website (Tracking for shipments sent via EMS)

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/track?catId=7500082

Wonderful thank you beekaykay. I have also done some digging and FedEx was expensive but handily their office is only a stones throw away(I didn't know that before posting though).

Let's hope you are right, 11 years is a long time to be getting it wrong :)

I'm curious to understand what the customs/import regulations are when using DHL or similar to the UK. I'm contemplating/planning a part year move back to the UK and have many kilo's of personal effects/clothes that I would like to transfer and the cost of excess luggage seems prohibitive - could this serve that need?

Hi,

Thanks,

Richard

dhl

Hi,

If you would like to pre-order merchandise, simply place a separate order for it. Placing orders for in stock merchandise with pre-order merchandise, will definitely hold up your order and will definitely lessen the chances of you receiving your order in a timely fashion. We will hold the entire order until all the items are in stock. International orders cannot be split.

Edited by RitchieIngram