Skawbeach Hotel

andyrichards

Skaw beach hotel has 2 sections and is in a fairly central location . Stayed in the newer section about 3 years ago and it was ok.The older section is probably looking a little tired by now. But i think you could find better and newer hotels at a cheaper price.

I stayed there with my wife & daughter a few years back. It had just been renovated. Rooms were clean & fairly large, but the balcony was very low. :D Don't let your children go out onto it alone.

They charged us B790 in Oct '02, don't know what it costs nowadays. Last time we stayed at Sandy Spring & Lek hotels. Much better imo.

But the worst thing about the Skaw Beach was the surly reception staff. :o

Edited by markt

That was on my list for an elderly couple on a budget. they want to stay 1 month so can't be over 1200 b and they want air con, pool, t.v., fridge and hopefully brekkie.

Walking distance to beach.

Don't like the idea of unfriendly staff........could you recommend anything else please?

Apologies if you have already read my post....i just spotted the skaw name and knew it was on my list.

Ta.

That was on  my list for an elderly couple on a budget. they want to stay 1 month so can't be over 1200 b and they want air con, pool, t.v., fridge and hopefully brekkie.

Don't like the idea of unfriendly staff........could you recommend anything else please?

Apologies if you have already read my post....i just spotted the skaw name and knew it was on my list.

Ta.

Skaw is a fair trek to the beach , as it's beyoind the 2nd Road.

I would say Tropicana Hotel , 700-900 baht per room , a bit run down , but friendly enough with a decent pool , a few restaurants and air-con, brekkie , etc , is a decent choice for the older couple.

There's cheaper Hotels about but this place doesn't attract the more gregarious type of toursit IMO.

:o

That was on  my list for an elderly couple on a budget. they want to stay 1 month so can't be over 1200 b and they want air con, pool, t.v., fridge and hopefully brekkie.

Ta.

Skaw is a fair trek to the beach , as it's beyoind the 2nd Road.

I would say Tropicana Hotel , 700-900 baht per room , a bit run down , but friendly enough with a decent pool , a few restaurants and air-con, brekkie , etc , is a decent choice for the older couple.

There's cheaper Hotels about but this place doesn't attract the more gregarious type of toursit IMO.

:o

That sounds good.......do you know if there is a web site or contact details for booking?

Thanks so much.

I stayed there with my wife & daughter a few years back.  It had just been renovated.  Rooms were clean & fairly large, but the balcony was very low.  :D    Don't let your children go out onto it alone.

They charged us B790 in Oct '02, don't know what it costs nowadays.  Last time we stayed at Sandy Spring & Lek hotels. Much better imo.

But the worst thing about the Skaw Beach was the surly reception staff.  :o

would you say lek hotel is a good choice we clean rooms

lek hotel is ok

ask for a room in the new wing.

I stayed there with my wife & daughter a few years back.  It had just been renovated.  Rooms were clean & fairly large, but the balcony was very low.  :D     Don't let your children go out onto it alone.

They charged us B790 in Oct '02, don't know what it costs nowadays.  Last time we stayed at Sandy Spring & Lek hotels. Much better imo.

But the worst thing about the Skaw Beach was the surly reception staff.   :o

would you say lek hotel is a good choice we clean rooms