Can Anyone Recomend A Hotel

highlander76

My wife and myself will be in Pattaya to visit a friend I would like to spend about 1000 baht a night must be clean , not far from the beach and have a swimming pool

I would suggest three at the moment:

Diana-oasis on soi bukhaow, rooms at 850b and a 1000b per night. Rooms are very good with lcd tvs, free wifi and has 2 swimming pools, however maybe a little far too walk from the beach although not long on a baht bus.

Second would be Sabai Empress a little over your budget at 1250b a night but a new hotel with very spacious rooms, good decor, free wifi and a small roof top pool, in my opinion well worth paying the extra baht. Located near soi 1 on the second road so walking distance from the beach.

Third choice would be the Ibis, again near soi 1 on the second road. Very clean recently opened hotel, nice pool, lcd tv, good bed but rooms are small. However nice swimming pool, very well run and if you book online through their website at least 3 days before you arrive rooms are 1000b per night.

My wife and myself will be in Pattaya to visit a friend I would like to spend about 1000 baht a night must be clean , not far from the beach and have a swimming pool

This time of year, the flipper lodge or flipper hotel on soi 7 and soi 8 should be in that price range. Each have pools on the roof. Modest size pools but pleasant with a little waterfall area. Wife may or may not like soi 7 and soi 8. Eastiny Place has a little bigger pool. Rooms are simple but usually OK. Lek Hotel is OK. Clean. Pool is OK. Buffet morning noon and night if you like is OK for a few tries.

Areca lodge up the way is very nice, but might be a bit over 1000 baht and more like 1400. An easy 1/3 mile walk down to the beach, if you can survive crossing second road! Walk by the KISS restaurant for some decent and cheap Thai food. Fried rice with shrimps and a watermelon shake for 86 baht is hard to beat.

Thank you for the fast replys folks I should have said we will be in Thailand in October never been to Pattaya before so any advice you can give would be great such as where to find a good english breakfast ,pubs with live music etc

sawasdee is a dump...but i agree with diana-oasis being one of the best choices in pattaya at the moment...just make sure to book early, they are very busy, even in low season, since they offer the best deal with new rooms and friendly, great serviec. check them out at: diana-estate.com JL :)

Too be honest I don't think that you'll get anything that nice for that money, go up to about 1500bht then you'll be in for a better chance of a nice place, A couple of suggestions are Residence Garden which has great rooms, good food and 2 swimming pools and also their other place which is on Jomtien Beach (Pattaya Beach is crap), no pool but nice also.

I wouldn't even bother with Sawasdee and too be honest I personally don't like the soi 7 & 8 area.

For nightlife then Walking Street IMO is the only place, live music bars like The Blues Factory and Utopia Lounge, disco's like Lucifers, Insomnia, Tony's and Mixx and great outdoor beer bars like the Hot Tuna's and gogo's with proper shows like Angelwitch.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Thank you for the fast replys folks I should have said we will be in Thailand in October never been to Pattaya before so any advice you can give would be great such as where to find a good english breakfast ,pubs with live music etc

Highlander, you do not mention whether you are a Falang/Falang or Falang/Thai couple. Some idea of the things that interest you would also help to narrow the search. You say you have not been to Pattaya but I presume that you are aware of it's, let's say, reputation. ?

You have already learned that Pattaya has a crap beach and Jomtien is better. For a beach holiday, the islands would be better.

A swimming pool should be available within the budget figure - Areca Lodge are quoting 1,100 standard and 1,200 deluxe through Agoda.

There has been a topic running on thaivisa.com called 'Best breakfasts in Pattaya' - check out Syd Barratt's posts, he has sampled most :)

You can search the internet for 'Pattaya bars' and you will no doubt find a host of music places around Walking Street, including the Blues Factory.

Anyone know Pattaya Bay Resort ? Rooms at 1000 inc breakfast .

Pattaya Bay Resort would be my pick - good location, roof top swimming pool, security is good as well.

Shuttle service to Soi Buakow or 2nd Road.

Where is it?

This place also came highly recommended by some "old Pattaya hands" who were waiting for their condo completions.

http://pattayabayresort.com/

Highlander, you do not mention whether you are a Falang/Falang or Falang/Thai couple. Some idea of the things that interest you would also help to narrow the search. You say you have not been to Pattaya but I presume that you are aware of it's, let's say, reputation. ?

You have already learned that Pattaya has a crap beach and Jomtien is better. For a beach holiday, the islands would be better.

A swimming pool should be available within the budget figure - Areca Lodge are quoting 1,100 standard and 1,200 deluxe through Agoda.

There has been a topic running on thaivisa.com called 'Best breakfasts in Pattaya' - check out Syd Barratt's posts, he has sampled most :)

You can search the internet for 'Pattaya bars' and you will no doubt find a host of music places around Walking Street, including the Blues Factory.

My wife is thai only going to Pattaya for a couple days I know Pattaya a shithole that is why I have never been there before , the only reason we are going to Pattaya is to see my wifes best friend she has moved there because her husband (falang) is working there.Not interested in lady bars just want somewhere I can enjoy a pint and music :D

Not interested in lady bars..

Whenever guys in Pattya have told me that, they have usually ended up running off with a young lady with big stiffie! :)

Depends who has the woody, if the young lady has a woody, she aint no ladyrolleyes.gif