School For 3 Year Old

sagaris

My little lad has started school. I wont name it at the moment. My two daughters also go to this school and enjoy it.

But for my 3 year old it seems that

a/ the classes are far too big

b/ theres nothing for the kids to do

c/ no activities

d/ badly behaved kids because theyre bored

e/ the teacher doesnt seem able to cope.

My mother was a Beacon school head and I saw what a wonderful nursery school should be run like, first hand.

This school isn't providing the kids with any sense of learning through play and having fun.

Are there any good nursery schools / kindergartens in Chiang mai. I know of the schools but like to hear from people with personal experiences.

Secondly hes just started I dont like him being there. for the above reasons. Id like to take him out of there and GET A REFUND! Its expensive. Possible?

Are there any good nursery schools / kindergartens in Chiang mai. I know of the schools but like to hear from people with personal experiences.

Secondly hes just started I dont like him being there. for the above reasons. Id like to take him out of there and GET A REFUND! Its expensive. Possible?

hi, there are some good previous threads on this topic in the chiang mai forum - use search facility with key words like kindergarten, nursery <etc>

obviously no-one can answer your question on refunds because each school has their own policy - and you don't name the relevant school <there may be someone on the forum with kids that go there/went there> Is it Varee? Don't be coy :)

This month's edition of Citylife has an article on nursery/pre-school/kindergarten options for children in the city. It has a lot of names and addresses. It's a good place to start but is missing some of the more popular and/or newer establishments such as Kiddy Bear, Mars Hill, Baby Bee and Nandachart.

If you're looking for a play-based system, I've heard from friends that CMIS (new program in Sept), Prem and Hanna are great options.

My little lad has started school. I wont name it at the moment. My two daughters also go to this school and enjoy it.

But for my 3 year old it seems that

a/ the classes are far too big

b/ theres nothing for the kids to do

c/ no activities

d/ badly behaved kids because theyre bored

e/ the teacher doesnt seem able to cope.

My mother was a Beacon school head and I saw what a wonderful nursery school should be run like, first hand.

This school isn't providing the kids with any sense of learning through play and having fun.

my 4 yr old starts prem, in august, so no actual experience of it so far, only to say though it has been recommended from a few friends , and also heard claims that not only is it the best school in thailand, but se asia, i await with baited breath......refunds your having a laugh :)