Where Are You Living In Bangkok?

Where in BKK?  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll?? where is the poll?? Bang Na for me.

Tried to fill in the Poll section of the New Posting twice but could not get it to work.

If any of you can get it to work, here is the list for the multiple choice:

Sukhumvit road (Soi 1 to Soi 71)

Sukhumvit road (Soi 77 to Bangna)

Asoke/Rachadapisek (up to Lard Prao intersection)

Rama 1 road (up to Siam Centre)

Rama 4 road

Wireless/Sathorn road

Rajdamri/Silom/Suriwongse

Riverside (BKK/Thonburi)

Phayathai to Chaktuchak

Phahonyothin/LardPrao (Vipawadi highway to Ramintra/Bangkapi)

Srinakarin road

Dindaeng/Rama 9 road

New Petchburi/Pattanakarn road

Ramkhampaeng road

Samut Prakan

Thonburi

Nonthaburi

Pathumthani/Rangsit

Lat Krabang

Others

Edited by trogers

Poll?? where is the poll?? Bang Na for me.

Tried to fill in the Poll section of the New Posting twice but could not get it to work.

If any of you can get it to work, here is the list for the multiple choice:

Sukhumvit road (Soi 1 to Soi 71)

Sukhumvit road (Soi 77 to Bangna)

Asoke/Rachadapisek (up to Lard Prao intersection)

Rama 1 road (up to Siam Centre)

Rama 4 road

Wireless/Sathorn road

Riverside (BKK/Thonburi)

Phayathai to Chaktuchak

Phahonyothin/LardPrao (Vipawadi highway to Ramintra/Bangkapi)

Srinakarin road

Dindaeng/Rama 9 road

New Petchburi/Pattanakarn road

Ramkhampaeng road

Samut Prakan

Thonburi

Nonthaburi

Pathumthani/Rangsit

Lat Krabang

Others

What if they're between sois 71 and 77? I don't fit within your 6 month criterion, but I would be staying near Pra Khanong market if I did.

What if they're between sois 71 and 77? I don't fit within your 6 month criterion, but I would be staying near Pra Khanong market if I did.

I have not yet found where Soi 73 and 75 are, after 2 decades of living here... :) , perhaps washed away by Prakhanong klong?

Coming down from Asoke, the market will be located before crossing the klong, thus would be considered as Soi 71, Prakhanong area. The area after crossing the klong will be Onnut, Soi 77.

Edited by trogers

2 decades in Bangkok and you are alive and no lung disease,now thats a miracle mate.Are your eyes ok with all the pollution.I take my hat off to you sir,living there for over 20 years,you dont get that for murder.

I understand what you are saying. I was staying and working in town during the 80s and frequently see a blanket of brownish haze covering BKK in the late afternoons from my office on the 19th floor (Rajdamri). To avoid the air pollution, I bought my first condo in 1994 which is 5km off Bangna-trad, with my balcony overlooking a 25 rai abandoned ricefield (and it is still undeveloped).

Been staying there for 15 years. I bought the next door unit and is extending this home, and I am presently residing in Prakhanong between Feb and Aug, and will move back when refurbishment is completed.

2 decades in Bangkok and you are alive and no lung disease,now thats a miracle mate.Are your eyes ok with all the pollution.I take my hat off to you sir,living there for over 20 years,you dont get that for murder.

I understand what you are saying. I was staying and working in town during the 80s and frequently see a blanket of brownish haze covering BKK in the late afternoons from my office on the 19th floor (Rajdamri). To avoid the air pollution, I bought my first condo in 1994 which is 5km off Bangna-trad, with my balcony overlooking a 25 rai abandoned ricefield (and it is still undeveloped).

Been staying there for 15 years. I bought the next door unit and is extending this home, and I am presently residing in Prakhanong between Feb and Aug, and will move back when refurbishment is completed.

Good luck to you mate,hope everything goes well.

Poll fixed, vote away :)

Voted - IMO a very Interesting poll. I voted 'Other', 1 Soi Chidlom but am not that great at this stuff. I think that was the correct answer - PKRV.

Edited by pkrv

Poll fixed, vote away :)

Voted - IMO a very Interesting poll. I voted 'Other', 1 Soi Chidlom but am not that great at this stuff. I think that was the correct answer - PKRV.

I think you are staying near to the bridge crossing over Klong Sansaeb near to New Petchburi road. New Petchburi/Pattanakarn road would be the correct choice.

Nonthaburi since coming here in 2004, moved around but never out of this area.

Peaceful enough for me. Close to The Mall, Pantip, Central and everything I need,

including good bus routes into Bangkok.

I think the poll is a bit off in two areas:

Wireless/Sathorn road

Normally you would group these two area as being divieded by Rama IV. So it would be:

Wireless/Rajdamri/Ploenchit

Sathorn/Silom/Suriwwongse

TH

I think the poll is a bit off in two areas:

Wireless/Sathorn road

Normally you would group these two area as being divieded by Rama IV. So it would be:

Wireless/Rajdamri/Ploenchit

Sathorn/Silom/Suriwwongse

TH

Noted. I was trying to separate Sathorn from Silom/Suriwongse, due to many new developments along Narattiwat. But multiple choice is limited to 20.

The areas with zero vote so far is standing out, especially Riverside. I was expecting quite a few votes for this area.

I have not yet found where Soi 73 and 75 are, after 2 decades of living here... :) , perhaps washed away by Prakhanong klong?

Coming down from Asoke, the market will be located before crossing the klong, thus would be considered as Soi 71, Prakhanong area. The area after crossing the klong will be Onnut, Soi 77.

Somewhat cheeky to the 40 or so expats living in Baan Saran Nuch Condo on 75/1 :D Mind you we do like to keep this place a secret...opps.

Where would the West side of the river be?

The Pin Klao, phutthamonthon, kanchanaphisek Rd., and Bang Khae areas?

Across the river, but not along the riverside, I divided them into 2 broad areas - Thonburi and Nonthaburi.

Somewhat cheeky to the 40 or so expats living in Baan Saran Nuch Condo on 75/1 :D Mind you we do like to keep this place a secret...opps.

I suspected that Soi 73 and 75 have been closed up by market stalls both sides of the klong decades ago, and probably impassable to normal traffic, thus, have been eclipsed by Soi 71 and 77.

I suspected that Soi 73 and 75 have been closed up by market stalls both sides of the klong decades ago, and probably impassable to normal traffic, thus, have been eclipsed by Soi 71 and 77.

Soi 73 and 75 do exist but each are only about 50 meters long. They are located on the south side of klong and both have a sign. I live on 75/1 and have walked by both many times.

Soi 73 and 75 do exist but each are only about 50 meters long. They are located on the south side of klong and both have a sign. I live on 75/1 and have walked by both many times.

Google Earth reveals all :)

post-14979-1244792626_thumb.jpg

Poll fixed, vote away :D

I think you are staying near to the bridge crossing over Klong Sansaeb near to New Petchburi road. New Petchburi/Pattanakarn road would be the correct choice.

For The Manhattan yes I would agree, but we are much closer to Sukhumvit road (Soi 1 to Soi 71), but neither The Address nor The Park are on that road. Other is fine from my perspective. I don't actually have enough general information about Bangkok to even attempt a poll like this and I appreciate the 20 questions limit. As with all this stuff I suspect someone will draw on your original material and at some point add to it. Great post/poll early days yet though :)

Edited by pkrv

Poll fixed, vote away :D

For The Manhattan yes I would agree, but we are much closer to Sukhumvit road (Soi 1 to Soi 71), but neither The Address nor The Park are on that road. Other is fine from my perspective. I don't actually have enough general information about Bangkok to even attempt a poll like this and I appreciate the 20 questions limit. As with all this stuff I suspect someone will draw on your original material and at some point add to it. Great post/poll early days yet though :)

Soi Chidlom connects New Petchburi road to Rama 1 road (where Central Childlom is), and across the traffic junction is Soi Lang Suan.

Sukhumvit road starts at Pleonchit junction where the British Embassy is.