Where Are You Living In Bangkok?

Where in BKK?  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Soi 73 and 75 do exist but each are only about 50 meters long. They are located on the south side of klong and both have a sign. I live on 75/1 and have walked by both many times.

Google Earth reveals all :)

post-14979-1244792626_thumb.jpg

Ahh...2 decades here are I just discovered these 2 small sois. When I stayed in Soi 71 back in the 80s, I asked the locals why the numbers jumped from 71 to 77 and no one could give me an answer... :D

Soi 73 and 75 do exist but each are only about 50 meters long. They are located on the south side of klong and both have a sign. I live on 75/1 and have walked by both many times.

Ahh...2 decades here are I just discovered these 2 small sois. When I stayed in Soi 71 back in the 80s, I asked the locals why the numbers jumped from 71 to 77 and no one could give me an answer... :D

In those early days, what was Sukhumvit like where it crossed the klong? Did you have to cross footbridges with a load of stairs then? If you live just west of the klong and can't climb stairs, the On Nut area will be very hard to access.

Edited by tw25rw

In those early days, what was Sukhumvit like where it crossed the klong? Did you have to cross footbridges with a load of stairs then? If you live just west of the klong and can't climb stairs, the On Nut area will be very hard to access.

The bridge and road crossing back in those days are similar to the present, just that a few years ago, BMA enlarged the road crossing to 3 lanes in both directions instead of 2, and added the link to the highway.

Khet Talingchan (western Bangkok) is where I live and this falls withing the "Others" category. I see the "Others" category is the second highest living location listed so far. Good poll but maybe a poll asking by Khet (if known) or surrounding metropolitan province might have been better. Big, Big Bangkok (and its surrounding metropolitan area/provinces) is just known by so many areas/locations/major roads.

Crossy, how did you do that? That is so cool.

In the late 70's I lived on soi 75 in a old single house, surrounded by trees, the trees in fact had overgrown the fence in many spots. When the owner passed away, I had to move as the daughter wanted to do something with the property.

Too bad it was a nice place not so now. The trees and house are gone.

Those were the days :)

Soi Chidlom connects New Petchburi road to Rama 1 road (where Central Childlom is), and across the traffic junction is Soi Lang Suan.

Sukhumvit road starts at Pleonchit junction where the British Embassy is.

Interesting that may be another way of looking at this. Yes The Park is actually directly adjacent to the British Embassy and Nei Lert Park. Using Land Marks does help i.e. overlooking Lumpini Park, BTS Stations, On the river that kind of stuff.

it's called CHATUCHAK (not ChaKtuchak), and, even more important, as it is the name of a reverred King,

RamkamHaeng, and not RamkamPaeng ( I don't want you to go to jail for majesty lese :D )

"Revered" & not 'reverred'. :)

Other.

Phutthamonthon Sai 4,

Phet Kasem end.

So remote, even the hookers won't come out here. :)

Hmmm...seems this location is nearer to Kanchanaburi than BKK :D

I am also out near Phutthamonthon, between Sai 3 and 4. Some great Moo Baan's out here.

Not nearly as far as it seems, with the new roads added over the past few years. Average time to Silom is 35-40 minutes (20 mins without traffic, 1 hr+ in rush hour)

chaloem prakiat...just a stones throw from the terrorists at swampy, strange...never see any other farangs around here, are there any?

I think that is in Pravet district. Farangs can be found at Baan Suan Lanana and Ram U Bangna campus area, inside Chalermperkiat Soi 28.

Ever wonder which area in Bangkok has the most concentration of expats' residence?

Those on short term visit (less than 6 month's stay), please refrain from voting in this poll.

I dont have a visa, but spend 4 weeks here then go work 5 weeks, been doing this for 5 years, and invest in the home town etc plus a machinery bussiness for my wife, there may be many like me, os simler? :)

Ever wonder which area in Bangkok has the most concentration of expats' residence?

Those on short term visit (less than 6 month's stay), please refrain from voting in this poll.

I dont have a visa, but spend 4 weeks here then go work 5 weeks, been doing this for 5 years, and invest in the home town etc plus a machinery bussiness for my wife, there may be many like me, os simler? :)

That's about 800 days of stay in all...(52/9*4*5). Vote away... :D

• 2 months later...
Where would the West side of the river be?

The Pin Klao, phutthamonthon, kanchanaphisek Rd., and Bang Khae areas?

Across the river, but not along the riverside, I divided them into 2 broad areas - Thonburi and Nonthaburi.

There's a lot more than just Thonburi, and Nonthaburi is on the East side of the river...

Pinklao here.

I live in Thonburi and I must say it's craaap. If you're thinking about it, don't bother... the floods, oh I could go on all day about the floods... :)

The best place I've lived is Thonglor, close to the klong, so easy to get around quickly by boat. Thonglor is also quite a short road, so it's quick(ish) and easy(ish) to reach the BTS at the other end.

I'm moving soon as, rumour has it that Ari is the in place.

Edited by jasreeve17

Comes as no surprise the biggest majority of expats live in Sukhumvit.

I think it's mainly because of the high pollution, the crowded streets where you can't walk 5yds without falling over a street vendor and the fact if you drive you have to go round half the city to get there and could probably hop there quicker.

The fact Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza are situated close by had no bearing on me or any the other guys moving there. :)