French Arrested In Pai For Drugs

patpai

i am 49 french tourist, i have been arrested in pai whith 0,6g of heroin, police said 3,6g, i have been jailed in mae hong son prison the 27 and a very good friend from chiang mai bailed me out the 1 june for 40.000 bath, plus 10.000 the lawyer piut in his pocket without receive...i have no family and very little money...this lawyer try to ask me the code of my bank card and keep my ladtop...now i am looking for a lawyer and ask all of you what you think of my case and what i should do, i am completely lost...i want to say also than every body in pai police station and guards of mae hong son prison have been really really good whith me, trying to help me and i want to thank all of them...it is so different of all you can read every where...thanks a lot to tou to help me how you can, patrice

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have your passport in hand, Get out of here. That is the only help/advice you can expect from me, as at 49, you are a big boy and thus responsible for you predicament. I will commend you for admitting you were carrying the stuff, but you were not charged with dishonesty so its a moot point.

i am 49 french tourist, i have been arrested in pai whith 0,6g of heroin, police said 3,6g, i have been jailed in mae hong son prison the 27 and a very good friend from chiang mai bailed me out the 1 june for 40.000 bath, plus 10.000 the lawyer piut in his pocket without receive...i have no family and very little money...this lawyer try to ask me the code of my bank card and keep my ladtop...now i am looking for a lawyer and ask all of you what you think of my case and what i should do, i am completely lost...i want to say also than every body in pai police station and guards of mae hong son prison have been really really good whith me, trying to help me and i want to thank all of them...it is so different of all you can read every where...thanks a lot to tou to help me how you can, patrice

what the hel_l were you thinking of, 49 for gods sake, but what exactly are you asking for, how can anyone on here help, what do want us to do, i would recommend you go to the french embassy/ consulate and explain your situation, they may be able to help.

Very sorry to hear your story, Patrice, I'm also sorry to say that there is nothing that I can do to help; since I am the first person to reply let me warn you that you are not likely to receive much more sympathy from most of the posters on ThaiVisa.

All I can say is that you are fortunate that you were apprehended with such a, relatively, small amount---hopefully you will be deported, eventually.

Bon chance.

Well, when I started to write my reply I WAS the only poster---not quite sure what happened but 3 or 4 other folk have popped up in front--and, I stand corrected, most of them have been relatively non-judgemental.

Edited by haybilly

If you have your passport in hand, Get out of here. That is the only help/advice you can expect from me, as at 49, you are a big boy and thus responsible for you predicament. I will commend you for admitting you were carrying the stuff, but you were not charged with dishonesty so its a moot point.

Exactly. :)

It has often been said that if the authorities prefer to not have to spend money on taking care of a foreign prisoner, they will grant a large bail which is never returned and allow them to keep their passport. What happens after that is up to the the individual charged with a crime.

This happens fairly often, or at least it did in the past. :)

I agree with the consensus, leave ASAP. The amount you were carrying is academic now. If you ask me, you have got away very lightly. Consider the money and laptop lost and thank whoever for the fact you're not rotting in a Thai jail.

If you have your passport in hand, Get out of here.

Exactly. :)

If anyone thinks that (as a farang) leaving Thailand once you have been charged with a crime here in Thailand is an easy task, despite its various borders, think again because it's not easy and neither is it a point for discussion here - just a heads up.

It has often been said that if the authorities prefer to not have to spend money on taking care of a foreign prisoner, they will grant a large bail which is never returned and allow them to keep their passport. What happens after that is up to the the individual charged with a crime.

This happens fairly often, or at least it did in the past. :)

Get on the next plane, bus, or donkey and get out of Thailand ASAP and never return. Consider yourself lucky to be out on bail. Take care of your friend who

saved your butt from years in prison. Chok Dee.

UG made a good point above about the police and their thoughts on what they may see as a minor offense. The police will not return your passport if they perceive a serious offense has taken place and will notify immigration of that fact. If memory serves me correctly, if you apply for new passport at your embassy, a police report is required for lost or stolen document. Thus it would be very difficult to leave as was mentioned above. This is another area where the police have the power to kiss you and/or <deleted>.k you and they normally pick one or the other.

Well Patrice, you are either a fool, or a fool, take your pick.

Fool could also be translated into troll by the way. And until you return to this topic, the latter will be my pick.

I have learned not to trust people on heroine....Their own stories are always biased or complete lies.

Unlikely his consulate or embassy will help him flee criminal charges when he has already admitted to them.

The advice about getting out of the country and then approaching a French consulate or embassy for an emergency passport may work. They may even cover the airfare if the story is convincing.

Saying this, I also agree with carib's comments above that you can't trust the words of a heroin addict. In fact, any addict whether it's alcohol. heroin or gambling should always be given a wide berth unless you are prepared to lose money.

Edited by Loaded

I wonder if Thailand would bother to pay to bring back a minor drug offender who had made it to Malaysia with no exit or entry stamp in their passport? It is not difficult to get across the border without one.

Laos would be even easier, but are there any direct flights (that you do not have to change in Thailand) out of there?

I would guess that your embassy would have to issue you one (if you did not have it already). The question is whether Thailand would try to get you back - at all - and how difficult it would be to fight it if they did try. This is not a very important case.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well Patrice, you are either a fool, or a fool, take your pick.

Fool could also be translated into troll by the way. And until you return to this topic, the latter will be my pick.

I have learned not to trust people on heroine....Their own stories are always biased or complete lies.

not always they're not. bad generalisation that.

Sorry, no mercy here Heroin is a No No in my book, my thought you are getting a little bit of what you desever(a wake up call) in the slammer, wise up get help get off the stuff, user SOMETIME become dealers/trafficers and may get the death penalty or life in some countries. Just ask the young UK lady in Laos.

Sorry, no mercy here Heroin is a No No in my book, my thought you are getting a little bit of what you desever(a wake up call) in the slammer, wise up get help get off the stuff, user SOMETIME become dealers/trafficers and may get the death penalty or life in some countries. Just ask the young UK lady in Laos.

he's not asking for mercy. he's a guy in trouble who is asking for advice.

How anyone can do this and think they will get away with it , its illegal and deadly the warning signs are everywhere , you ruin your life and others around you.

Sorry no Pity for drug users you know the rules you know the punishment. I do feel sorry for all the people that have to waste there time helping you.

Edited by saintofsilence

How anyone can do this and think they will get away with it , its illegal and deadly the warning signs are everywhere , you ruin your life and others around you.

Sorry no Pity for drug users you know the rules you know the punishment. I do feel sorry for all the people that have to waste there time helping you.

again, the guy isn't asking for pity either. he's asking for help and advice.

Sorry but no help from me.I cant believe you only had to pay 40,000 baht bail,very hard to believe.At 49 yo i would have thought you had more sense but heroin is not a drug that keeps any sense in your little brain.

if you havent got your passport i am sure you could get a fake one as you seem to know some dodgy characters,who have deserted you also.

What would a typical punishment be for .6 grams of heroine? I mean *typical*, not what the law book says. Anyone know? It's obviously a small quantity for personal use. He's not charged with being a drug smuggler or seller.

The law says:

(41)

Section 67 Any person who possesses narcotics of category I without permission and in

quantity computed to be pure substances, or in number of used dosage, or in net weight, that does not

reach the quantity prescribed in Section 15 paragraph three, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of

one year to ten years, or to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht, or to both.

Probably going through the legal process actually would be the appropriate thing to do. Speaking of laws, I thought this forum had laws against discussing the breaking of the law? And loads of people are telling him to run? Interesting.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai