Possible Flight Change

dcfc2007

i am flying out to thailand on the 25th of june and im flying with thai air, i was hoping to change my flights to maybe someday next week.

has anyone ever done this before?

can it be done?

how much does it cost?

Indeed, tuky is correct. It depends on the ticket you have, some tickets cannot be changed, some can only be changed if you pay and some require no payment to change. You will have to call Thai Air to find out for sure.

I have found that if you go into the Thai office in London and speak to the staff they will often try and help you, I have even managed to change non-flexible tickets booked through an agent, though it did require a fair bit of grovelling.

I think it will also depend on the load factor on the flight you want to change to.

You lose nothing by trying, certainly if you don't ask you wont get.

My partner and I are booked on 30th Oct for BKK, asked to change flite 24 hours earlier, no problem, but $NZ50.00 each,

Return flite in January, free and no problem.

Flite to BKK is a cheapie, flite home dearer class.

Good advice to front up to Thai office.

Dun that often at Swampy, staff most obliging and never been charged for anything.

All comments are correct. If you booked through Expedia or someone, I think you will find it difficult to change. If you booked direct with Thai, then they will definitely allow a change (even on a restricted fare) but may charge you.

For example I tried a sneaky and booked a 2 month return hoping I could extend it at a later date (2 month fares are cheaper than say 4 month fares for example) but they saw through it and charged me an extra 200 quid approx when I tried to extend it, which just made it the same as if I had been honest at the start!

IMO the staff at BKK are MUCH more flexible than at the London end (who always seem to charge), when I book a flight with Thai Air in the UK and try to change it here, the BKK staff ALWAYS email London staff, and London staff ALWAYS seem to charge!

Also, if you ever need a quick flight home, ring up Thai Air and they will squeeze you on the next available flight, done that before.

If you ever pay full fare (for example all return flights from BKK to LHR) you can change it as many times as you like without charge, did that 5-6 times when the GF was over in UK.